Author Topic: YouTube forcing me to change my name?  (Read 2379 times)

Today when I try to upload a video or comment on one, I've continuously been getting a message from youtube to update my account to my Google name. But there is never an "I don't want to option" I just have to refresh the page to get out of it. Is this happening to anyone else, and is it possible to keep my name or are they making it mandatory now?

They are trying to enforce it.

They are trying to enforce it.
Why the hell do they want everyone to use their real names so much, you're just going to get a bunch of handicaps setting their name to "Chuck Norris" or "Peter Griffin"

because youtube is no longer a video sharing site. it is now a social site like facebook. when they saw that google+ failed they had to change an existing site that everyone used. youtube was perfect for this. google cant be trusted with anything

Social Networking is loving stupid.

Social Networking is loving stupid.
This
also use false names
false names make you cooler not really

but real names and social media ruin everything
whyyyyy

this is why i just use some stupid alias so if someday i'm forced to change my name it isn't anything new

But there's a "I want to keep my current name" option.

But there's a "I want to keep my current name" option.
There used to be for me.
But every time today it's been gone.
And I think for others too.

There used to be for me.
But every time today it's been gone.
And I think for others too.

Wow, Odd. I put that option a while ago, and now i have my current name, Bulldogie89.

How is THIS possible?

(Not trying to advertise, just trying to prove that upper information is true)

google likes connecting all their stuff, so they're doing that with google+ and youtube now
having a google account gives you all kinds of stuff tho. just making one gets you an email (gmail), google+ account, youtube account, and access to all their other cool services, and some of the less cool ones as well
but there are no valid reasons to complain
you just don't like change

My youtube name is DocturKreation
I can always just make my real name Doctur Kreation

Did you actually give google your real name. What.

Did you actually give google your real name. What.
Oh well, they know it anyways.

We should go to the "YouTube Co. Building" and rape them to death and force them to keep our names
Inb4someonesayspervert

We should protest