Author Topic: Garry's Mod Tower! - christmas update woo!!!  (Read 5403 times)

~will work on topic later~

What is Gmod Tower?
GMod Tower is the ultimate social experience to play with your friends in Garry's Mod. This group is for both fans and developers of GMod Tower. Please check out our website for more information
Great! How can i Join?
To join, you need some requirements. 3 Games. They are:
Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and Counter Strike: Source. If you have all those, Great!
You need to download this:
http://gmtower.org/downloads/latest.php
IP:  join.gmtower.org
second IP: Join.gmtower.org:27021

The Lobby!
This is where people hang out, and have fun. This is where the Entertainment Plaza is, the spawn, and the suites, AND THE THEATER! Did i mention that theres a pool with working Tubes!?

Gamemodes!
WHAT!? THERE'S GAMEMODES!? Yes! Gamemodes is a way to get GMC, the currency in the game. (You also get trophies and milestones!)

Every round a random player is chosen to be the Ultimate Chimera, a big pink monster who wants nothing more than to kill everything in its path. The Pigmasks (soldiers in pig outfits) are there to put a stop to him. To do this, they must turn him off by pressing the big white button on his back. Getting close enough to do that however, is not an easy task.

~will find more pics~
Ball Race is all about having fun with the physics engine. You're placed inside an orb (ball), which you roll around in to collect bananas for points.

Travel across different worlds full of puzzles and obstacles to reach the end. Get past tricky situations such as crushers, lasers, lava, and falling objects.

Virus is based on a popular gametype from Timesplitters 2. Players are dropped into the map with no knowledge of who will become infected until it happens.

Like Timesplitters, there is no jumping or crouching. Don't run into a dead end... the zombies never stop coming.

~cant find pics, will find~

PVP Battle is a high-energy FPS deathmatch gamemode. The whole idea started after we played a few minutes of one of the best Half-Life mods, Half-Life 2: Jaykin' Bacon: Source. The premise is simple. Give the players tons of random weapons (while keeping them balanced), make some references to pop culture and Metal Gear then throw all that into a deathmatch. This is PVP Battle.
~cant find pics, will find~
Zombie Massacre is a throw back to retro gaming, but with a modern twist. It's a cooperative zombie shooter with dozens of unique weapons that get the job done. Hold off the zombie horde in different landscapes killing as many zombies as you can along the way.

What else is there?
Suites!
Make your own Suite! Show off your suite to others! You can buy Posters, Electronic Things (clocks), Working TVs and Computers, Furniture, and More! Only 10 people can have their own suite, so get one quick!
~will find pics, sry~
Arcade!
Play flash games like "The Game", Fancy Pants 1-2, Shift 1-4, Blockles (Tetris), And more!

Entertainment Plaza! (A.K.A Stores!)
Shop at the Entertainment Plaza to decorate your suite! There are 5 different types of shops: Souvenir Store (includes posters), Electronic Store, Furniture Store, Appearance Store (includes player models), And Vending Machines (sells potions to make you smaller or bigger)!

Last but not least, HATS!
You heard me right! HATS! Theres tons of hats, including Hats from Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and More!

GMC!
GMC Stands for Gmod Currency (if i recall), It is used to buy HATS, Decorations for your suite, Player Models, and Dueling!

Where/How do i get GMC? D:
Easy! Play Gamemodes like UCH, Virus, and Ball Race! Also, Do Awards/Milestones to get 500 GMC, AND possibly a trophy!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:00:30 AM by Ayxrion »

ah stuff i pressed loving POST instead of preview...
~reserved for later use~

the whole thing is put together really good, there's tons of stuff to do

it also has great gamemodes, my favorite is virus
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:09:48 PM by Fireboy »

im dumb, forgot to add IP :/

that "BATTLE" in the pvp logo is from sonic battle

I just got back into this. A few days ago, I got drunk in game and started dancing on someone's chair in their suite, What happened next was something I totally didn't expect.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/885220040469579049/F39F110FC8FEB5FE709CBC704BDE7478B8C170BB/

let's say there's this guy... who might not exactly have episode 2

will this guy's experience be truly hindered by this or is it absolutely required for a non poopy game

I don't have counter strike: source.
What do I do?

let's say there's this guy... who might not exactly have episode 2

will this guy's experience be truly hindered by this or is it absolutely required for a non poopy game
You can download EP2's content (which is legal btw) and put it in your gmod folder. I had a site somewhere that had all the source games' content but I lost it.
I don't have counter strike: source.
What do I do?
Buy it, or download the content

virus
timesplitters 2

forget yes

Maybe I'll buy episodes one and two during christmas sale. Otherwise this looks great! Can't wait to play.

Maybe I'll buy episodes one and two during christmas sale. Otherwise this looks great! Can't wait to play.

Or, just get The Orange Box.

It's 5 games for the price of one, and you get premium TF2.

According to some of the players and based off the terrible terrible lag, it is under DDOS.

According to some of the players and based off the terrible terrible lag, it is under DDOS.

Probably because of the YogsCast.