Author Topic: Museum of the Strange and Unusual (WIP)  (Read 1718 times)

Hey there y'all, I know I am over due posting these pics of my build, but as promised I will share the proper view of what has been done so far.   When I first download Blockland from Steam, as any player should do when they are new to this amazing sandbox game, I went to tutorial to help me out with the basics.  After that I didn't know what to do at first, until I started to visit other servers to see what they built and that's when I came across to Kyle's server and the project was an airport they were building; the first build I ever did was a hanger for planes, which later got duplicated twice.  Anyway, when I spent long enough in someone else's server, I just thought of the craziest idea of what kind of a project I should build.  I remember seeing a pic of someone that had built the island of Myst, and it looked so awesome and because of that, that's when I decided to build of something that is also from a game called Shivers.  It's a huge building in the game and has a lot of rooms (it looks like I bit off more then I can chew), but  with the brick count that we are allowed, the whole building should be able to be built (its going to take awhile to get it done due to real life stuff).  By studying the building in Shivers, I noticed the only way to get it built was from the ground up, because there is a labyrinth, a basement with the generator and a underground lake with a tunnel going into the museum.

I know this is a lot to read, but I figure to give the back story of why wanted to build this museum.  It will take time to get it done, but hey, its going to be worth it.  If there is anybody that has played Shivers before, I can take suggestion of certain rooms or the museum itself that will help me to make it better while in progress. What do you think of it so far.  You can rate this if ya want x/10

Mystery of the deep room

Doorway leading to the labyrinth

The beginning of the Labyrinth

There was one other room I have, but its not fully done yet, so I left that one out
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 01:13:50 AM by Strayer »

I remember the teaser for this

spoopy

Interesting concept.  I wanna see how this turns out.

Reminds me of Ib.
Me too, and that green thing in the 2nd pic reminds me of the Eye of Cathulu from Terraria.

The green thing is actually a stone face that acts like a door in Shivers, couldn't get it close enough.  That's why it looks like its from that Ib game, whatever that is.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:12:43 AM by Strayer »

The room I've been working on is almost done, but now I'm having a difficult time to make two more items for this room.  Before moving on to the next room and I guarantee I'll find a way how to build this items from the Shivers game.  This room is called the Strange Beast room, where many Strange creatures existed at one point in time and some creatures that never existed at all, like a unicorn and man eating spider for instance (yes, in the game there was a metal unicorn in the room, not making this up).

Sorry it took me so long to update my progress on the museum, had to juggle between life and BL, so far two more rooms has been completed.  There are more rooms still need to be built, the museum may not be completed this year consider the pace I'm working in and I'm the only one who is building the museum, but I bet loads of you built builds by yourselves with no problems.  Don't have the pictures of these rooms yet, because I don't have the time to get them, but I'm afraid it hasn't reached a quarter being done yet and will have more pictures up when I can get them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:05:57 PM by Strayer »