Poll

­­

No
36 (46.2%)
Yes
42 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: should pitbulls be banned  (Read 10480 times)

Never had a pitbull but had plenty of rottweilers that have never been violent or aggressive

I'm sure the breed comes into it somewhat but a stuffty owner will ultimately determine whether the dog is aggressive or not imo

Never had a pitbull but had plenty of rottweilers that have never been violent or aggressive
well there you go

wasn't there a similar trend on rottweilers back in like 2007? ban rottweilers?

its just a cycle of ignorance and stupidity.

also torin, when are you gonna get banned again?

also torin, when are you gonna get banned again?
wheres your loving argument

*commits half of all dog attacks but makes up 8% of the dog population* dont you dare talk bad about my pitbaby

I'm gonna leave this here again because for some reason you felt the need to bump this topic again. Also Mad Hops stop being handicapped. It's biased data that doesn't properly reflect the data that consists of every single dog breed total. If you want to add in "dog attacks" you should probably make sure you include the overly-aggressive Chihuahua's that bite people all the time. In reality that is considered a "dog attack" as you would so gently put it.

On a related note ever had a mutt with wolf blood in it? Ever had to deal with how forgeted it is when they murder other animals you had in cold blood? The breed definitely matters. You can't undo generations of selective breeding with "being a good owner". Anyone who is a vet or has lived with a vet would know this.

About five years ago I raised a litter of six wolf-hybrids up until they were eight months old. During that time I socialized them properly with all types of animals including cats, rabbits, lizards, birds and of course other dogs that were both bigger and smaller breeds. I had also socialized them with young children (my own nieces and nephews) and adults of varying sizes. I made sure that the pups had a chance to understand that just because one person is larger than their owner doesn't make them a threat. When I gave them up for adoption I told each owner very specifically that during the course of the next four months as they are achieving adulthood it is still vitally important to socialize them.

Every single owner did as I instructed, and every single one of those dogs are now some of the most obedient and sociable hybrids I have ever seen in my life. Two of the five owners even have multiple other animals in the house and the wolfies treat them like family and part of the so called pack. The rest of the families have young children who the dogs adore.

So I highly disagree with you even though all dogs do have their natural instincts. In the end, it really is up to the owner to make sure the dog is kept on an appropriate diet, receives proper vaccines and is socialized properly. That is what many people fail to realize is that if a dog is malnourished and hasn't been introduced to people enough throughout its life, that is what turns it into an aggressive and potentially hostile dog.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:46:50 AM by Aplem »

when a Chihuahua bites someone, it doesn't loving permanently disfigure or kill them

it says something about the handicaps on this forum when half of you are just willing on a dime to switch your position from "banning all the things is autistic" to "BAN ALL THE THINGS!!!1!!1!1!11!1!!!1!1!1"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:37:38 AM by Tactical Nuke »

what are the highlights in this thread

it's kinda funny seeing all this outrage over pitbulls in the recent years because back when I was real young dalmatians were considered violent, bad with kids and other dogs, etc. Then disney (re)released the animated and live action versions of 101-dalmatians and suddenly dalmatians were the "perfect widdle puppies for kids".

Then Michael vick happened in the early 2000's and now pitbulls are the spawn of satan apparently.

society is weird.

it's kinda funny seeing all this outrage over pitbulls in the recent years because back when I was real young dalmatians were considered violent, bad with kids and other dogs, etc. Then disney (re)released the animated and live action versions of 101-dalmatians and suddenly dalmatians were the "perfect widdle puppies for kids".

Then Michael vick happened in the early 2000's and now pitbulls are the spawn of satan apparently.

society is weird.

It's just a bandwagon. That's what I've been loving saying lol.

society is weird.
Society is also pretty dumb.

Apparently there was a huge craze over 101-Dalmatians with people adopting a lot of them, and then abandoning them when the movie/puppy novelty has worn off. Eventually, there will be some other cult hit putting some specific dog breed in the spotlight, and people will do the same stuff again. Today, it's pitbulls, tomorrow it might be loving boxers that are demonized.

we should just take people who think of animals as fads, drag them out into the street and kill half of them

just to show them how ridiculous it is to treat living beings as fads

there might be a better brown townogy idk

Low tier bait, easy target, 2/10 see me after class torin

society is weird.
funny how when puppymills are encouraged for good breeding dogs, those dogs turn violent. ive got a dalm that's stupid as stuff but she's never bit or scratched anyone
i actually hate 101 dalmatians so loving much because that movie is one of the biggest factors for dalmatian violence