Author Topic: Charlottesville protests thread  (Read 55295 times)

in the video itself of the guy going into the crowd some people came back around and busted his back window in like two hits

is that a lil bit

in the video itself of the guy going into the crowd some people came back around and busted his back window in like two hits

is that a lil bit
that's after he ran over people right? don't get me wrong, the people beating on your car should get legal repercussions, but i disagree with the contention that you should obviously run people over if they're attacking your property

throwing rocks at a car with the intent of stopping it after it just ran over 13 people and killed 1 more is a way better self defense case

that's after he ran over people right

sure but if people can do that much damage in like a second i don't think it's far off to assume they're going to wreck your whole car if you get stuck in a riot

sure but if people can do that much damage in like a second i don't think it's far off to assume they're going to wreck your whole car if you get stuck in a riot
unlike human beings, cars dont feel pain. also the back windshield is like the weakest part of an automobile

regardless, there is no legal defense as far as i know if the only danger is property damage. it sucks and the people who wreck your car deserve to be punished, and you deserve to be compensated for the damage, but you don't have a right to murder people

unlike human beings, cars dont feel pain

no but your bank account will  :cookieMonster:

would the situation change if the person threatening you was armed with a firearm? it might not even be obvious that a person is armed with a firearm.
If they have a gun and are threatening you with it, it would be justified. If they have a bat or something, probably not.

If you can see a riot, don't drive into them. If a riot forms around you, get out of there the easiest way you can. The goal is to find the path of least resistance. No hitting, no nudging, honk as necessary.

no but your bank account will  :cookieMonster:
your bank account will feel tons more pain when you have to pay for the 13 broken legs and damages you caused

I'm not saying property damage can't be bad, it's just a semantics argument - violence is usually in reference to harm coming to living beings.
No, it's violence. Whether I'm hitting someone over the head with a club or hitting their car on the hood with a club it's still violence.

your bank account will feel tons more pain when you have to pay for the 13 broken legs and damages you caused

Also you really won't need to worry about your bank account because you're going to jail for the rest of your life

It wasn't a riot that he drove into, it was a counter protest, and theres plenty of video footage of him lining up and accelerating into the crowd from a distance. He didn't run into the crowd out of self defense, he did it because he's human garbage and deserve to be locked in prison for the rest of his pathetic life.

No, it's violence. Whether I'm hitting someone over the head with a club or hitting their car on the hood with a club it's still violence.
yeah but one is objectively worse

I don't care if he got his windshield smashed, forget him

imagine waking up in the morning and deciding to defend white supremacists🤔