Author Topic: Blockhead player model for VRchat  (Read 6102 times)

Trying to work out any outstanding bugs/issues before I figure out how to even distribute this.

Cursed image

Trying to work out any outstanding bugs/issues before I figure out how to even distribute this.
The arms and feet are a bit offset and shoulders look a bit too big
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:19:24 AM by Darth C3P0² »

There’s nothing I can do about how animations and VRC apply to the skeleton on the model. I had to turn the model into a T-pose (which is a game rip model, so it’s entirely accurate to BL). In BL, the arms only rotate on a single axis. You have to have a humanoid rig in order for it to work in VRC, so the pivot points that situate the arms are the absolute best I could fit them. I could invest a million more hours into this but I really don’t want to.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:29:55 AM by Vigil »

im gonna selfinsert my fursona

why does yaranaika look like he about to puncture your fudge hole

Blockhead VR Adventures

Can you do custom animations in VRchat? It would be cool if when you talked it played the Blockhead talking animation for the whole body.

Can you do custom animations in VRchat? It would be cool if when you talked it played the Blockhead talking animation for the whole body.

Yeah there are a few custom animation overrides you can include on an avatar. I haven’t even begun to touch those so I have no idea. Ideally I’d like to source the walking animation and the sit animation from BL.

I play VRChat too much.

Gimme now!

wait how do I add the accents like the backpack, shoulder pads, etc.? I've been wondering how to do that

I was also wondering how to add a face and decal to the blockhead

wait how do I add the accents like the backpack, shoulder pads, etc.? I've been wondering how to do that
I was also wondering how to add a face and decal to the blockhead

You have to make a custom model with the accessories (which you can easily do by importing the blockhead m.dts into blender or whatever modelling software), since it's not possible to add customization to a specific avatar. Maybe wait until someone releases a working blockhead rig first before doing it.

OT but vrchat is already being used to clickbait horny teenagers

don't be surprised if vrchat becomes the next garry's mod with youtubers like vanoss milking the forget out of it
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:04:14 PM by Curse You »