Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 228114 times)

Oh dear, not the stuffty trees. We'll never find an alternative.
lol cutting static shapes would cut a LOT more than trees
Q: Clouds / Precipitation selection
A: Clouds and precipitation can be built into a particular sky box, I have not made it independently selectable yet.  Perhaps in a future version.

Q: Transparent ground
A: There were some problems with it but I just worked it out today, so there will be transparent ground.  100% transparent ground looks just like the current skyland type maps.  
sweet sweet sweet
The slate maps with trees were terrible so I hope they are removed as well.
how?

Nahh Shadows are done, at least thats what I think. Knowing how Badspot works, I think he would finish the shades first and then work on this feature editing of. Or I could be wrong, but I still think the shaders are finished.

A: Clouds and precipitation can be built into a particular sky box, I have not made it independently selectable yet.  Perhaps in a future version.

A: There were some problems with it but I just worked it out today, so there will be transparent ground.  100% transparent ground looks just like the current skyland type maps.  
Badspot, I heard you will be releasing a public download soon, is that true?

Doesn't having trees in a slate map go against the whole point of a slate map?

For a moment I was scared we might not be able to make transparent grounds but not anymore,as for the clouds I didn't expect it to happen right away anyways.

Doesn't having trees in a slate map go against the whole point of a slate map?
yea it does lol

If I could had an infinite loop of grass emitters for a slate map I'd be fine. Ambient music too, as well.

Is just me or V21 looks pretty much done?

Badspot, could you give us somewhat of a release date?

Some people were saying that brick lights will not affect shadows, this is not really true. Brick lights will not cast shadows, but the light they produce will make sun shadows dissapear.

I think its done, although Badspot is probably just bug fixing a few things. Like how he just recently posted he fixed transparent grounds on the skyboxes.

Well it's not out, so it obviously isn't.

Some people were saying that brick lights will not affect shadows, this is not really true. Brick lights will not cast shadows, but the light they produce will make sun shadows dissapear.
Well they don't disappear but they fade away.

Every time I try and leave this thread there's a new post

Wait, did Badspot confirm he fixed or was going to fix the glowing shirt decals glitch on avatars?

I think its done, although Badspot is probably just bug fixing a few things. Like how he just recently posted he fixed transparent grounds on the skyboxes.
I think so too, I think they are just fixing a few bugs to get the update ready