Poll

What should next week's topic be?

Gun Control
Abortion
Drinking Age Limit

Author Topic: Weekly Controversial Topic - You decide each week  (Read 446 times)

Weekly Controversial Topic

I've done some thinking, and decided to turn you all against one another. What better way?

How this works is that you vote for a topic to present your opinion on and attempt to persuade neutrals and those of the opposite opinion. For the next week, people present their viewpoints on the matter and vote on next week's topic via the poll. Vote, argue, repeat.

Rules:
  • People who swear, cuss, or use profanities are morons.
  • People who troll are morons.
  • A topic only lasts for one week. You can vote the topic back if you like, but once the week's ended, move on.

What we've done so far:

How this should look:
Blockhead 1: I think it's ridiculous that anyone needs assault rifles. They have no practical use outside of killing people.
Blockhead 2: I see your point, but if proper precautions are taken, they can be utilized in sport without any great risk.

What should be avoided:
Blockhead X: Mother F***er! I need big bang gun to shoot up mah skool! Bang Bang!
Blockhead Y: N***er! If people like you get F***in guns they'll be taken away from everyone.
Blockhead Z: Both youse richardheads.

Since there's been no poll, I'll decide what goes first. Death sentence, should it be legal? For certain crimes? Not at all? How should it be done?

Discuss.

Death sentence for those who commit Flash Mob / crimes along those lines.
Everyone else should be forced to work in some of the stuffty jobs that nobody wants to do aka garbage collector, sewage cleaner, make them work in mines, etc.

That's just my perspective. Psycho mass-murderers don't really have a place on this planet, but petty crimes or jailtime should be handled with manual labor and stuff-jobs.

That, and if you manage to fail HIGHSCHOOL and you're stuck with a stuff job, you get to work with convicts and prisoners, so that's more incentive to NOT fail highschool.

Death sentence is fine. I'm sure many of the convicts who got life sentence to execution would be happy to avoid the jail sentence, anyways, if many of them are christians who believe they'll end up in heaven.

I agree with the death sentence, seeing as it is probably cheaper than housing the convicts and feeding them for the rest of their lives.

It's actually more expensive.

I agree with the death sentence, seeing as it is probably cheaper than housing the convicts and feeding them for the rest of their lives.
Housing them and not feeding them is a much harder punishment

Sometimes death sentence is good, abortion is generally good, Drinking doesn't really matter in regulation.

Death sentence is fine. I'm sure many of the convicts who got life sentence to execution would be happy to avoid the jail sentence, anyways, if many of them are christians who believe they'll end up in heaven.

i don't believe in a deity and i'd take death over life imprisonment any day

i don't believe in a deity and i'd take death over life imprisonment any day

The Problem with the death sentence is the justice system as we have it today, sometimes innocent people get the death sentence for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. are you really ok with that happening? (Just asking to broaden the discussion a little)

Rules:
  • People who swear, cuss, or use profanities are morons.
  • People who troll are morons.
this thread won't end well

The Problem with the death sentence is the justice system as we have it today, sometimes innocent people get the death sentence for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. are you really ok with that happening? (Just asking to broaden the discussion a little)
stuff happens, we're born, we live, we die. If I died today and there was, in fact, an after life, I wouldn't really complain.

Way I see it, we gotta die anyways.

As I see it, death sentence is a great idea in theory.

Problem is that the present legal system makes it expensive with appeals and human rights and stuff.

Vigilante justice is the only way it's efficient, and then you've technically got another murderer.