Author Topic: [notrlynews]Australian dad's car towed after teaching 5yo son to do burnouts.  (Read 836 times)

I saw this and figured this place could use some lighthearted news that didn't involve people getting murdered for once.
Alex Dobson posted videos of the boy in sole control of a modified sports car at their home in Queensland.

The videos, which went viral, show smoke pouring off the rear tyres and the stationary vehicle surging in the driveway as the boy grips the wheel.

Police are investigating if charges can be laid since the incident apparently took place on private property.

Mr Dobson's car - his "pride and joy" - was seized by police on 24 September and child protection officers have been notified.

He told the Nine Network that he had been taking his son to burnout competitions since he was born.

"He knows a hell of lot for a five-year-old child," Mr Dobson said.

"He's not your average five-year-old,"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37426652

video in question

It's worth noting that stuff like this is very deeply rooted in Australian car culture

My dad used to let go of the steering wheel and make me steer the car on the road

He's not your average five-year-old,
this statement worries me

My dad used to let go of the steering wheel and make me steer the car on the road
My dad lets me do that too when he needs an extra hand to light the bowl.

this and it was fun lmao

My dad let me drive his honda fit a few times, but mostly on empty roads

I was just eating a pizza crust and I had to snap it in half mid bite so I ripped the other half off but it was a hard part of the crust and it tore weirdly and like sorta cut my right cheek, I'm not so sure what happened I'm just eating pizza here dude.

I saw the video on facebook but thought this was Europe.

This is just the average day in Aussieland

I saw the video on facebook but thought this was Europe.
he would of been burned at the stake if it was in europe

forgetin' cunts took my car. forget the kid, I want to do burnies down main street again.

plot twist: mcjobs the dad and also the kid

plot twist 2: the car was a kangaroo