Poll

should there be better lighting?

yes
18 (94.7%)
no
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: lighting fix  (Read 2517 times)

i was never annoyed by the lighting but now i am finding it irritating i simply want a fix add on or in the next update the stops light from going through walls bricks and all that so if there is a light i should be able to place a brick on one side and no light will come that way as there is like a wall

I don't think it will happen, it's been suggested and I think it's just been ignored, and I don't know why. :(
But if there were/is any chance of it happening, then /Support

EDIT: I feel so silly having typed this, now that's it's being done via the update, :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:35:28 PM by Mysteroo »

I highly doubt there will be an engine change for dynamic lighting despite how cool it'd be.

badspot is worried about peoples pc's not being able to support it well what if it was in options so you could turn it on like the physics and if it was ann add on it would need to be like rbt a SYSTEM_ as it would make so many changes

It wouldn't be a simple "fix" or "update". It would require a lot of rewriting in the lighting system, if not a complete rebuild from ground up. /uneducated guess

Ive found that the brick spawned lights, if placed at least 4-6 brick spaces away eliminates almost all unwanted lighting effect for that light. As for the Falloff limit (Where if more than 8 lights are on, the farthest one turns off), I have no idea.

It would seem the odd lighting is a result of bricks not being able to handle too much light when the light is too close to it.

it be good to have this for v21 as it would make the overall quality of the game much higher making people want to buy it a little bit more

badspot should every now and then think about this and see if he can do anything to fix it as im tired of seeing light just go where it wants to go we have physics but not good lighting? makes no sense i think the game engien will be able to support it as you need to give the brick a script like

onlighthit light bounce

so when light hits it it does not go through

A check box for Dynamic lighting with a slide box for the quality performance?

A check box for Dynamic lighting with a slide box for the quality performance?
YES thats it see he is worrying about peoples computers not being able to support it but if we add that feature and its off by default then people cant complain that its slowing down there computer as we will say turn off dynamic lighting

makes no sense i think the game engien will be able to support it as you need to give the brick a script like

onlighthit light bounce

so when light hits it it does not go through
Bounce lighting is, from what I know, very rare in games.

Requires engine change.

Not likely to happen.

And if it does, make him up the projectile speed limit to 500

Requires engine change.

Not likely to happen.

And if it does, make him up the projectile speed limit to 500

I would prefer it if it were something like 750, though.