Author Topic: Hawf's Artist Workshop  (Read 10568 times)

Loving everything but the ODST.  The proportioning is just off all around.  I know the camo could disguise certain areas, but the helmet's too wide, the leg armor is too flush + the legs are too short/no ankles/etc.

Cool stuff

Another question: how the forget do you use tablets. I just got one and its impossible to draw on it

you use it like a pen(cil) and paper?
you need drivers for the surface to correspond to the screen instead of just acting like a mouse

i'm not really sure what could be confusing about using a tablet

he probably just lacks an appropriate program to draw with

get paint.net if you're not willing to shell out cash for adobe/corel products (or don't want to *ahem* obtain it from other sources, such as an anonymous "friend")

depending on your tablet brand you may want to go for a specific program. ex: Wacom's intuous line is already made to integrate with adobe art programs seamlessly.

and don't forget to install tablet driver, but i doubt you skipped that. drivers give a settings program that allows you to customize what buttons/scroll rings do.

hauf, any tips on how to learn/practice art if you don't have lots of time for it? as in, anything you'd suggest focusing on to improve artistic skill quickly.

artistic skill meaning the ability to draw quasi-realistic images, or replicate what you see accurately

get paint.net if you're not willing to shell out cash for adobe/corel products (or don't want to *ahem* obtain it from other sources, such as an anonymous "friend")
although i am an odd enthusiast of paint.net i don't even think paint.net registers pen pressure so it's not a good alternative for those whom prefer that

I felt like a lot of people gave ODST a lot of stuff for a game, but I loved the atmosphere of it.

That and I'm a really big fan of the way it told the story and the levels played out.

One of my favorites by far.

although i am an odd enthusiast of paint.net i don't even think paint.net registers pen pressure so it's not a good alternative for those whom prefer that
name one (officially/legally) free program that does register pen pressure

this is not a challenge i seriously want to know what's out there
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:54:04 PM by Conan »

i'm not really sure what could be confusing about using a tablet
It's not confusing, just extremely difficult

name one (officially/legally) free program that does register pen pressure

this is not a challenge i seriously want to know what's out there

GIMP

GIMP
shoot i keep forgetting about that

i never got around to learning how gimp works though since i have photoshop so that's my excuse.

do you need a big tablet?

i have a 7" one, and im not sure whether or not its good enough

Lovely stuff as always Hawf !

ooo there's other people who loved ODST

imo

1.  Combat Evolved
2.  ODST
3.  Halo 2
4.  Halo 3

Also halo 4 doesn't exist.

so here's what I'm learning in Digital Tutors right now. My first digital face painting!
Work in progress. Any tips or pointers I'd love them!

so here's what I'm learning in Digital Tutors right now. My first digital face painting!
Work in progress. Any tips or pointers I'd love them!

thats awesome