Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 124599 times)

So does this mean the game is done for?

Like done with everything? Its going to die?
Only if everyone stops playing and no one ever buys it again, which isn't happening.

Badspot

• Administrator
So does this mean the game is done for?

Like done with everything? Its going to die?

Haven't you heard?  It's dead already, mate: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251868.0

Haven't you heard?  It's dead already, mate: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251868.0
I was worried for a second then I was excited, and still am.

Ok I just spent the past 30 or so minutes reading through this...and just wow.

I think Blockland is just fine how it is. People saying that torque sucks and old maps were better are wrong. Old maps were fun, sure; But you couldn't have a custom day-cycle and environment options. People just don't like the fact that they have build.

Baddy and Rotonto knew what they were doing when the upgraded the engine. I find Blockland much smoother and better running than it did when there were maps. The only thing I liked about interiors is how lighting was "built-in" even though it wasn't as precise (ex: Player Shadow), also I found Mission Editor and Constructor fun. Making Maps was easier than building everything with bricks

I am so sick and tired of people complaining about major development too. Blockland is a hell of a game for 20 bucks. And through the years has went on sale and stuff for even lower than that.

I wouldn't mind a few new things for Blockland every once in a while, I mean besides from the community. There are some things I think Badspot just does best (ex: Bots and KeyMod and Sports). I would like to see default Day Cycle Events and possibly a new default bot "Dog" would be cool (and events where it can do tricks or something idk ) just something new every once in a while isn't a bad thing.

But seriously, for 20 bucks everyone just expects Baddy to throw out updates like candy. This isn't a loving parade, and Blockland is a kickass game as it is. People saying to change the engine and do this and do that just forget off and leave Badspot's game alone. If you don't like how Blockland is then you don't have to play it, plain an simple.

I love Blockland and have been playing for many years. If it was any different I don't know if I would play it for so long ey? Maybe Blockland isn't for everyone, especially crying children and jerks telling Badspot how to run his game and forum. He's not an idiot, people, he knows how to do these things....

I was worried for a second then I was excited, and still am.
And why would you be excited?

And why would you be excited?
Because his sarcasm means it isn't dead and that "huge compatibility-breaking update" is still coming?

He knows how to run a forum yet there's a section dedicated to arguments and there's a 35 page topic complaining about the game in it.

I'm late
So I know this conversation about death to private mods was back on page 19 but forget it, I was on vacation so i'm just going to say what I think of that.

I honestly don't like the idea of killing private mods. When hosts put a lot of work into their servers (such as building, modding, paying for a host, etc.) it's not very motivating. You put all the hard work in so you can have a popular server people can enjoy then someone else comes along downloads it and starts hosting it and boom, you got a billion copies and there is nothing you can do to win players other to you because the second you make a improvement the competing server just takes it. If a system like someone mentioned (download mods when you connect) I probably would stop hosting because of lack of motivation.

A lot of people will probably just disagree with that but whatever, that's my opinion.

Because his sarcasm means it isn't dead and that "huge compatibility-breaking update" is still coming?

The progress is forget it.
Clearly.

He knows how to run a forum yet there's a section dedicated to arguments and there's a 35 page topic complaining about the game in it.
So, is the suggestion that he censors absolutely nothing and enforces peace? Because there's enough crying anytime a single post is removed, let alone removing all arguments and criticisms of the game.

So, is the suggestion that he censors absolutely nothing and enforces peace? Because there's enough crying anytime a single post is removed, let alone removing all arguments and criticisms of the game.
Posted too quick again.
"So, is the suggestion that he censors absolutely everything and enforces peace?"

He must be doing something right with the forum @ 218589 total topics and  7480973 total posts. Oh, and they keep increasing.

I'm late
So I know this conversation about death to private mods was back on page 19 but forget it, I was on vacation so i'm just going to say what I think of that.
---~-EpicSnip-~------
I honestly don't like the idea of killing private mods.
A lot of people will probably just disagree with that but whatever, that's my opinion.

I agree with you 100%

Clearly.
His post contradicts what he said there. We didn't even get confirmation on what he really meant there.

Posted too quick again.
"So, is the suggestion that he censors absolutely everything and enforces peace?"
Or just deletes the drama section (name one other good forum that has one), and then not allow drama in other sections.

You're blowing this terribly out of proportion by the way. I almost didn't even feel like responding because you seem to be arguing just to argue. "censors everything and enforces peace" isn't what I was saying. Just removal of the section and another rule tacked onto the list. If making rules is censoring everything, then we're already censoring everything several times over. If I remember correctly, drama isn't everything, as much as some people like to base the entire forum on it. Almost seems you're one of them.

His post contradicts what he said there. We didn't even get confirmation on what he really meant there.
It's pretty obvious. He said that there is no progress at all and he isn't working on it.