Poll

Do you have any interest in using the Search and Destroy gamemode? (I'm considering dropping support for it)

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Slayer 4 Testing and Development  (Read 29556 times)

Some suggestions:
- You should make %mini.respawnAll(); use gameConnection.getSpawnPoint(and gameMode.getPlayerSpawnPoint).
- You should make it so that if there is only one minigame in the list, it's automatically selected.
- Add more accelerators to the GUIs.

EDIT: gameMode.getPlayerSpawnPoint(); isn't being called when someone joins the minigame.
It seems to me that's it's never getting called. It works fine when I call it manually, so Slayer must not be calling it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:38:34 PM by jes00 »

Some suggestions:
- You should make %mini.respawnAll(); use gameConnection.getSpawnPoint(and gameMode.getPlayerSpawnPoint).
- You should make it so that if there is only one minigame in the list, it's automatically selected.
- Add more accelerators to the GUIs.

EDIT: gameMode.getPlayerSpawnPoint(); isn't being called when someone joins the minigame.
It seems to me that's it's never getting called. It works fine when I call it manually, so Slayer must not be calling it.

GameConnection::getSpawnPoint doesn't exist. However, there is a default BL function called pickSpawnPoint() that Blockland uses to pick a random place to spawn. (used if spawn bricks are disabled / don't exist)

I can do the auto-selection. What type of accelerators would be helpful?

It's Slayer_GameModeSO::pickPlayerSpawnPoint(%this, %client)
There's a 'doc' folder in Slayer zip that lists a bunch of callbacks.

Is the team bricks supposed to be in special brick directory?

What do you mean?

GameConnection::getSpawnPoint doesn't exist. However, there is a default BL function called pickSpawnPoint() that Blockland uses to pick a random place to spawn. (used if spawn bricks are disabled / don't exist)

It's Slayer_GameModeSO::pickPlayerSpawnPoint(%this, %client)
There's a 'doc' folder in Slayer zip that lists a bunch of callbacks.
Yeah. Put the wrong thing in the post. It's not being called though.
What type of accelerators would be helpful?
Oops window - Close accelerator(escape).
Help window - Close accelerator(escape).
Minigame GUI - Create minigame accelerator(enter).
Team settings - Ok accelerator(enter).
Team settings - Cancel accelerator(escape).
Team advanced settings - Done accelerator(enter).
Advanced, Save/load config - Close accelerator(escape).

EDIT: It'd also be nice if, when you delete a team, the next team down on the list is auto selected.

EDIT2: Is there any way to lock the minigame creator from making teams in your gamemode? That should be a thing if it isn't.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:29:50 PM by jes00 »

Yeah. Put the wrong thing in the post. It's not being called though.
EDIT: It'd also be nice if, when you delete a team, the next team down on the list is auto selected.
EDIT2: Is there any way to lock the minigame creator from making teams in your gamemode? That should be a thing if it isn't.

If you have "Use Spawn Bricks" disabled or there are no spawn bricks, it will not be called. This is a bug and I'll fix it in the next release.

Sure.

There isn't but I will add one. It will use a "disable_teamCreation = true" flag in the game mode template.

Progress update! I'm working on minigame regions right now, which allow you to run multiple minigames. Basically you just create boundaries around each minigame's "region" (the area the minigame is played in).

Here's a picture from testing to help give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

The red blocks denote one region while the yellow blocks are another. People in the red minigame only spawn within the red blocks and people in the yellow minigame only spawn within the yellow blocks.

The minigame color system will be extended to support the full 64-color set, so theoretically you'll be able to create up to 64 minigames on a single server.

GameMode::onClientJoinGame Isn't called on the minigame creator when they create the minigame.

I have a request. To me it sounds like something that can be easily tackled by you Greek.

I dont like having Carbon copies of one team fighting Carbon copies of another team, i like uniqueness.

So i was thinking, can you make a team tab that allows you to create multiple different skins for each team, and then a skin will be randomly assigned to a player on that team when they respawn?

Heres an example:

US Team Skins:
Assault
Medic
Engineer
Recon
Support

RU Team Skins:
Assault
Medic
Engineer
Recon
Support

When a players spawns he will be randomly given one of those team oriented skins. that way not everybody on one team looks the same.

Hope you consider, i feel that this would be an amazing feature to Slayer. :D

Was this ever put in?

A suggestion for the next update. When you observe someone your camera distance should depend on the player being observed's player scale.

Was this ever put in?

It was in the issue tracker for a while but I removed it because it's really a Blockland bug.

The slayer related bricks apper in special section, is this sopposed to be?

The slayer related bricks apper in special section, is this sopposed to be?

Yes - however, you can put them in their own "Slayer" tab by opening the 'config/client/prefs.cs' file and adding this line at the very bottom:
Code: [Select]
$Pref::Slayer::Server::CreateBrickUISlayerTab = true;(Blockland should be closed when you do this.)

can you give slayer bots better pathfinding and the ability to switch and pick up weapons?

Do you mind increasing bot functionality?

It would be interesting for bots to have advanced thinking patterns rather than the same ol' "run up and gun" kind of thing.

It would also be advised to include Slayer events for bots as well, for bots to capture flags, know its exact target in bounty hunter, etc.

Because in most games, if you have no people to play with, sometimes bots are the best way to go on BL, even though they are so hard to program. Even if a bot is done right, it can be a bit limited to what it can do, especially through events.

I have a request. To me it sounds like something that can be easily tackled by you Greek.

I dont like having Carbon copies of one team fighting Carbon copies of another team, i like uniqueness.

So i was thinking, can you make a team tab that allows you to create multiple different skins for each team, and then a skin will be randomly assigned to a player on that team when they respawn?

Heres an example:

US Team Skins:
Assault
Medic
Engineer
Recon
Support

RU Team Skins:
Assault
Medic
Engineer
Recon
Support

When a players spawns he will be randomly given one of those team oriented skins. that way not everybody on one team looks the same.

Hope you consider, i feel that this would be an amazing feature to Slayer. :D

Have you considered this?