Author Topic: Fallout Online: 2238  (Read 5851 times)

It'd be cool to be able to host your own servers. Is any server firmware downloadable?

Also, how does the game deal with players using different combat systems? I think that it could get pretty weird if one player were using turnbased and another were using realtime and in the same area.
There are 2 servers, the English server and the Russian server. You cannot host your own server unfortunatly. As for the realtime/turn based thing heres how it works. If you have turn based mode on and attack a real time player then your target will be forced to attack you in turnbased and vice versa.

you should form a group and try to annex canada

you should form a group and try to annex canada
We tried, but they sent a pack of mutated beavers to mow our hordes of men down.

Oh I get it, VATS was their replacement for the turnbased thing.

Oh I get it, VATS was their replacement for the turnbased thing.
VATS is based of GURPS which is in the origional fallout. And yes this game has a feature similar to the VATS thing in game.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:32:00 PM by Harm94 »

So what happens when you die? do you re spawn or something? Can people loot your corpse?

AP in f3 was only used in vats but in the thirst 3 games it was used by just about everything you did

So what happens when you die? do you re spawn or something? Can people loot your corpse?
You can respawn and yes you can loot other players.

So then what happens to the stuff you're carrying?

So then what happens to the stuff you're carrying?
Whoever loots you gets to take it. Don't worry there are banks to stash your caps in and tents you can make to hide your stuff.

Does it work if you bought the Ultimate collection?

Does it work if you bought the Ultimate collection?
As long as it has fallout 2 in it you are good to go.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:06:45 AM by Harm94 »

Bump I am currently playing if you want to come along.

Want to meet me at vault city? :D

Want to meet me at vault city? :D
Maybe, but I don't want to trek a long distance since I am poorly armed. How about NCR or The Hub?