1 (3.1%)
My Opinion Is Not Needed
2 (6.3%)
I Will Kick Your Dog
5 (15.6%)
Grape
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead [WIP] (Big Images and Lots Of Them!)  (Read 1549 times)

Left 4 Dead

The year is 2012, Millions of people are dead and it turns out that the Mayans where right, the world was ending. But even in this dark time, people have survived and are trying to find sanctum away from the zombies and are using every shape, way, and form to escape from the infected. Others decided to hold out in their houses and other buildings, but they soon realized that that (yes I used that twice, if you read it right you'll understand) was a bad idea and are now trying to escape. You and three others have found your self in this dilemma and are now trying to escape, unluckily people and the infected have made the route much harder then if you had left earlier. The only thing to do now is to reload and keep going... until safety is reached.

News

4/13/09: Finished the Unfinished house by adding a roof and also added an Admin Control Room/non-playing player spawn room
4/13/09: Forwarded ports so a server might be up soon and am right now making a movie to better display the build
4/14/09: Video Added! Link

Pictures

Note: These pictures were taken on Destruct but the build is designed to play on Destruct Dark

Safe Room/Spawn

A Bathroom! YAY!

A Biology Lab

Tunnel and House (House = WIP and not enterable)

Houses are facade houses

A 11-7 Store (wink wink)

The inside of the 11-7

A Gate that creates a Crescendo Event with The Ramp/Blocker

A Ramp/Blocker that creates a Crescendo Event with The Gate

The Button that Triggers the Crescendo Event

Zombies can get you nou!

The Gate Opened after pressing the Button

An Overhead Picture

Extra Stuff

Video Link: Video
Brick Count: 8080k Bricks
Add-Ons used: Ephi Shotgun, Single Mac-10, Sweet Food Pack, Zombie Mod, Tape's Colorset, JVS, Half Life Sound Pack, and City Lightz (I think...)

This is Still a WIP and if anyone wants to help they can as long as they are a good builder/eventer

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:32:39 PM by CrazyGoodDude »

Everything looks too bright even for the black map, try the Destruct Dark version.

Also, use physics bricks so the zombies actually come through the wall at you. Bots can push bricks around if you direct them right. (Spawn them on the other side facing you, kill wall, they'll see you and walk through wall)

Everything looks too bright even for the black map, try the Destruct Dark version.

Also, use physics bricks so the zombies actually come through the wall at you. Bots can push bricks around if you direct them right. (Spawn them on the other side facing you, kill wall, they'll see you and walk through wall)

It is designed for dark, but I wanted people to see everything so the pictures were taken in the light version.
I have it sort of planned for a tank zombie to come though a wall near the end, which uses physics bricks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:24:51 AM by CrazyGoodDude »

Nicely done and Pictures are better in light to show off.

What's a crescendo event?

What's a crescendo event?

A Crescendo event is like a... gah look at this: Definition

Basicly it is a place where a big event happens (i.e. a tank comes through the wall and attacks you)

Bump for:
I finally forwarded my ports! I might Have a server up later tonight!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:33:41 PM by CrazyGoodDude »

This looks alright. Are the houses duped? If they are, don't, and if they aren't, try to make it look like they aren't.

if you ever make a server and use this map you know where to find me?

i hope cause i dont :S

This looks alright. Are the houses duped? If they are, don't, and if they aren't, try to make it look like they aren't.

The houses are not dup'ed, In fact my duplicator file was corrupt because I tried to remove the 30 second wait time for non admins. The houses were just a style that I could replicate quickly.

it looks kinda lame. mostly on where you spawned the items. who would keep cake and what not in a subway? and the houses are bold colors in the exact same place as the last house. they are all black with tiny bits of color in the same places. 4/10(for now)

it looks kinda lame. mostly on where you spawned the items. who would keep cake and what not in a subway? and the houses are bold colors in the exact same place as the last house. they are all black with tiny bits of color in the same places. 4/10(for now)

Where did you get subway out of this whole thing... and the reason that they look the same is, well cause they are made by the same person! and do you have a problem with colors? and the reason that they are bold colors is guess what, the maps meant to be played in the DARK version of slate. Some people really don't take the time to think things through.