Author Topic: Damageless "Weapon"  (Read 1005 times)

What I'm asking for is oddly specific, but should be pretty easy for anyone who actually knows what they're doing (read:not me).  For something I'm making, I need a "weapon" that very rapidly fires small, fast, long-range, no-gravity, zero-damaging projectiles with perfect accuracy.  Ideally, it would look like a paint can, and the projectiles would be laser-like and silent.  If you need a name for it, just call it the Cursor.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:37:04 PM by Plastiware »

So default gun with 0 damage.

Have you seen the v8 paintball gun? It's silent with a laser sight and it paints bricks from a distance.

So default gun with 0 damage.

The default gun is neither rapid nor perfectly accurate, though it is pretty damn accurate.

Have you seen the v8 paintball gun? It's silent with a laser sight and it paints bricks from a distance.

Has anyone ported it?  Also important, does it active OnProjectileHit events?  I know some weapons, such as the minigun that mysteriously showed up on Badspot's server, don't.

..Uh, the default gun is perfectly accurate..
Besides, to have a 'gun' shoot that many projectiles to become a beam doesn't work.
There's a limit to how fast it can fire. No where near beam like.
..Ive tried..

The v8 paintball gun was basically a default gun edit except the projectile paints bricks.

Today I learned...

Besides, to have a 'gun' shoot that many projectiles to become a beam doesn't work.
..Ive tried..

It doesn't have to be beam-like by any means, but it should be at least twice as fast as Marcem's assault rifle.

..Ive tried..
A projectile can spawn annother projectile.  It wont be beam like up close, but a few studs away it can be.

Modify SpaceGuy's laser.

Modify SpaceGuy's laser.

I would if I knew jack stuff about creating or modifying addons.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:29:13 AM by Plastiware »

I would if I knew jack stuff about creating or modifying addons.

There is a section for it with some extremely nice people that'll help you if you are patient.

In hindsight, it doesn't need to be non-damaging.  I can just use SpaceGuy's laser pointer.  Thanks, Thorax!

Sorry for the double post, but Space Guy's laser pointer doesn't do the trick.  For some reason, it doesn't activate OnProjectileHit events as advertised.

Bump.  If anyone knows of a highly-rapid, perfectly-accurate weapon, preferably one that doesn't make a lot of noise, let me know.

space guys laser pointer triggers on activate events

In hindsight, it doesn't need to be non-damaging.  I can just use SpaceGuy's laser pointer.  Thanks, Thorax!

I guess I could make it not do damage if you wanted.