Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 206129 times)

Is it bad that Blockland is an ongoing joke in my class because I try to get people to play it but when they look at blockland.us they say it looks like Minecraft and/or Roblox, and whenever I don't do my homework (this was once or twice in the whole school year) they say I was too busy playing Blacklund.
show them the forums

especially off topic and drama

Is it bad that Blockland is an ongoing joke in my class because I try to get people to play it but when they look at blockland.us they say it looks like Minecraft and/or Roblox, and whenever I don't do my homework (this was once or twice in the whole school year) they say I was too busy playing Blacklund.
They're clearly idiots that we don't need anymore of. They're laughing now, but once they try Blockland they'll never leave.

They're clearly idiots that we don't need anymore of. They're laughing now, but once they try Blockland they'll never leave.
Exactly. Seems to be a trend of "This game is a knock-off of X" since Minecraft came out!

Exactly. Seems to be a trend of "This game is a knock-off of X" since Minecraft came out!
it's well-justified, i think, but just not well-informed in this case.

there are A LOT of minecraft clones. and the name "Blockland" is extremely suspect because it's rather generic and refers to blocks. obviously it's impossible for the accusation to be true for blockland, and a good bit ridiculous as well.

There's no justification for stupidity.

i don't think i've ever heard something more profound

you're right, but there's justification for suspicion. even if the suspicion is mislead, which there isn't justification for.

adding to what otto's saying
not sure i'd call it stupidity, but rather bandwagoning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect
aka (and most people know this term already) if you're hating just because your friend started hating, that's wrong.

so are we going to get a christmas update or something?

Could you show us some of the trading cards?

Will the steam release still use the documents>blockland system? I don't want to redownload any add-ons or move any saves/screenshots.

they're idiots lol

adding to what otto's saying
not sure i'd call it stupidity, but rather bandwagoning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect
aka (and most people know this term already) if you're hating just because your friend started hating, that's wrong.
bandwagoning is inherently stupid

Will the steam release still use the documents>blockland system? I don't want to redownload any add-ons or move any saves/screenshots.
I think it'll go into the steam directory, judging on his multi-user post.

You won't have to redownload any add-ons if you just move them like you move your saves/screenshots. Which will take less time than it would to transfer your key to steam in the first place. Drag and drop isn't hard kids.

I think it'll go into the steam directory, judging on his multi-user post.

You won't have to redownload any add-ons if you just move them like you move your saves/screenshots. Which will take less time than it would to transfer your key to steam in the first place. Drag and drop isn't hard kids.
If this is even too hard, make a shortcut to the BL Steam Directory.

With Steam Keys, will users have to be online in Steam in order to be online in Blockland?  What kind of comparability will there be for communicating with users who do or do not run with steam opposite of you?