Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5927745 times)

funny thing is you deep fry battered fish to make fish sticks

Faster boats with shark teeth?
Elaborate
oh, just apply the 4th grade thinking principle to it

the cooler it looks, the faster it goes

Faster boats with shark teeth?
Elaborate

Instead of Captain's theory, I present a logical one

Sharks swim very fast in water, so my embedding a part of them onto your boat, you're capturing the essence of them (and their speed) thus allowing your boat to go faster.

Sharks swim very fast in water, so my embedding a part of them onto your boat, you're capturing the essence of them (and their speed) thus allowing your boat to go faster.
i like mine better  :cookieMonster:

basically enchanting a boat with the spirit of a shark, I like it.

so like
how about this

there are sharks in the ocean, and killing them provides you with shark teeth
shark teeth can be used to make faster boats and shark tooth swords (damage of diamond, durability of wood) and shark tooth arrows (2x damage normal arrows)

what do you brothers think?

Terrible idea for one central reason: Spawning on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Why this can't be fixed easily: Terrain generation works on certain principles. Changing them to accommodate spawn points can be awkward. It's an extra variable that isn't always implemented... Although he should find a way to fix it, detecting landmass, local tree, plant cover, etc. But that's a bit complex.

Terrible idea for one central reason: Spawning on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Why this can't be fixed easily: Terrain generation works on certain principles. Changing them to accommodate spawn points can be awkward. It's an extra variable that isn't always implemented... Although he should find a way to fix it, detecting landmass, local tree, plant cover, etc. But that's a bit complex.
could just make it so we always spawn in a certain biome, like the forest one.

on a side note, I'm woriking on converting the lyrics for "We Built this City", by Starship, to fit Minecraft. It'd be awesome if we could get someone to sing it if it comes out any good.
Then we could make a video of it and stuff. "We Built this [Minecraft] City"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:38:07 PM by Littledude »

Holy stuff that would be great, swimming across trying to find land while a shark is chasing you down

and they should have rare spawn rates imo

I think that notch should just make diffrent types of water, they would look the same but would spawn diffrent mobs?

could just make it so we always spawn in a certain biome, like the forest one.

Making it that kind of specific doesn't seem something they'd do. Also again, it makes terrain, how biomes generate, etc. using seeds. Changing how land generates so you never spawn in the middle of the ocean doesn't fit the spirit. If it uses the same map, you might spawn thousands of blocks away from the center, which can be disorienting. Plus, a forest biome could spawn relatively small on an island, although and trees are good I suppose. That's why it's so hard, though: this would involve changing the generation over spawn points, and not just an overall change of how things look and feel... It's weird.

-snip-

Holy stuff that would be great, swimming across trying to find land while a shark is chasing you down

and they should have rare spawn rates imo

Yes, to prevent being ass screwed trying to escape. Better yet, they can't damage the upcoming larger boats, because sinking in the middle of the ocean and getting eaten is rage quit territory.

I think that notch should just make diffrent types of water, they would look the same but would spawn diffrent mobs?

Well, there is shoreline. I believe Mushroom Biomes can only spawn within a certain type of biome that in itself can only spawn within oceans, so it should almost always be it's own isolated biome.

Yes, to prevent being ass screwed trying to escape. Better yet, they can't damage the upcoming larger boats, because sinking in the middle of the ocean and getting eaten is rage quit territory.

sounds even better

JAWS anyone?

but are larger boats confirmed?

sounds even better

JAWS anyone?

but are larger boats confirmed?

They were a long time ago. They just haven't started work on it.

oh, just apply the 4th grade thinking principle to it

the cooler it looks, the faster it goes

[imghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rpYRP2RD_04/TB7XYws9ijI/AAAAAAAAAqU/Rx54Twkg4QM/s1600/jeremy_clarkson_p50.jpg[/img]

I found that episode hilarious.
The way he drives it around the office and goes to a meeting in it.
Also the fact that Clarkson drove it and not Hammond.

i just made a game and basically made a really loving tall tower out of stone
its sides were 3 blocks long, then 1 as a sort of corner, then 3 blocks long in a roundular pattern. still left me plenty of room ,imo.
the tower is taller than the spruce forest, and it looks beautiful. :3