Author Topic: Window Brick Glitch  (Read 982 times)

Well I really don't know where to put this topic either in GD or Help but this has been bugging me out for the past couple of months. When ever I make a window brick, either on a boat or a house the water disappears. I don't know if this is me or the engine.

Outside:Water visible

Inside: No water visible

Comparison

It's been happening from versions to versions. It even goe with bricks that have FX effects, I'm surprised that Badspot didn't fix this (or it could be something he can't fix)

It's probably torque's fault. It's always been that way.

This bug is caused by the engine's graphics.

This stuff is annoying me. I wish Badspot would re-code the game on another more advanced engine. I would re-buy Blockland just for that.

This stuff is annoying me. I wish Badspot would re-code the game on another more advanced engine. I would re-buy Blockland just for that.
That stuff only happens on certain low-end graphic chipsets. My Radeon 6870 has never seen that effect, but my laptop with a ATI 3200 always has that problem.

That stuff only happens on certain low-end graphic chipsets. My Radeon 6870 has never seen that effect, but my laptop with a ATI 3200 always has that problem.

Really?I have a Nvidia 660 and it still shows for some reason.

Yeah, my card is pretty nice and I get it.

I have that weird effect, too.

Yeah, me too. That thing is annoying as hell. :/

It's been happening from versions to versions. It even goe with bricks that have FX effects, I'm surprised that Badspot didn't fix this (or it could be something he can't fix)
You can make a killer "moving elevator" effect with FX bricks though.

You can make a killer "moving elevator" effect with FX bricks though.
Example?

A problem with the same effect on not displaying through windows is bricks with applied effects such as undulo and rainbow.

This is usual.
Badspot needs to fix this.
Also, it does this in transparent bricks as well,  bricks that are changing their color, and fx effects.

I hate these glitches also, I can't understand how you release shaders with these glitches. The engine doesn't need to be re-written into something more advanced (it would indeed solve a hell of a lot more problems). I think someone said its because of how the game handles transparency which is by colors/colorsets.