Author Topic: Help me build a PC  (Read 1324 times)

If its not intended for hardcore gaming, you could easily build one for cheap. Don't us Logical increments for a solid base. It works if you are too lazy to research.

Get a Western Digital blue, its ~$50 and works fine and is dependable. You don't need a black. Stock CPU fan is just fine if you don't plan on overclocking or if, again, arent playing a ton of newer games. PSU isnt something you should cheap out on whatsoever. Get a Corsair, EVGA, Cooler Master, or Seagate one and aim for Gold, but bronze rating will do just fine also. Dont need to go over 500w unless you are getting a higher end GPU.

Case is real simple. Find something with decent ratings, good cable management, air flow, and also what you think looks good. Some like simple (Corsair Obsidian or Fractal Design) and some like flashy.

Mobo and CPU: Gonna have to ask someone more experienced there.

GPU is easy. Just tell us what you want to/plan on playing. If you want to play new games at ultra settings, might need something like a 970. plan on playing blockland with shaders, might do well with something a lot cheaper. Plus, while it isn't a GPU, (And it may be different for me because i was so used to crap CPUs) but 4690k has pretty decent integrated graphics, at least better than my old GT 630.
NZXT alright for PSUs?
Turns out the 700W one I was looking at isn't that great.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:34:46 AM by Oasis »

is 750 watts really necessary
If you're worried about a Seagate failing, you should also be worrying about that PSU you picked. Get a lower wattage higher quality PSU, like a Seasonic.
is THIS any better???

Well this thread got a lot of posts last night.

I think I'll use the PSU Champion suggested.

Anyone know of a good optical drive? And is it okay to use the stock CPU cooler?

Anyone know of a good optical drive? And is it okay to use the stock CPU cooler?

A standard $20 asus one (it the highest rated one on PCPartpicker) and yes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/blueblur112198/saved/nZPfrH
I sorted by highest rated, but I couldn't find the one you were talking about so I chose a $20 samsung one.
Now all I need is a wireless network adapter and I'm set. Any recommendations for that?