Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 243870 times)

you guys post some really sick pics, nice work
i'm thinking about signing up for photography class next year as one of my electives

did some studio stuff today. i hope the model in this picture doesn't mind me showing you guys:

full res: http://i.imgur.com/ktzwFWN.jpg

did some studio stuff today. i hope the model in this picture doesn't mind me showing you guys:
-snip-
full res: http://i.imgur.com/ktzwFWN.jpg
Nice overall look, but unfortunately it's focused on her sleeve and not her eyes... :/

y'know what they say, autofocus is gay, amiright?

Nice overall look, but unfortunately it's focused on her sleeve and not her eyes... :/
It doesn't look out of focus so much as it just looks like the lens is really soft. And it's really noisy for some reason, that can contribute to loss of sharpness. Can't really tell because it's so dark
Why is it so noisy, anyways? You shouldn't need high iso in studio shots, since you have control of light. My studio shots are 200 iso max.

As far as appearance, I think it could use more front lighting
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:49:00 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

Swapped out my D5000 recently for an a6000. Took it on its first real tests in DC and New York (the latter trip I just came back from a few hours ago). Here's a few photos I took!

I took these on my IPhone 6 plus.

Nice composition on this one.

Thanks. That's actually one of my favorites.

It doesn't look out of focus so much as it just looks like the lens is really soft. And it's really noisy for some reason, that can contribute to loss of sharpness. Can't really tell because it's so dark
Why is it so noisy, anyways? You shouldn't need high iso in studio shots, since you have control of light. My studio shots are 200 iso max.

As far as appearance, I think it could use more front lighting
The ISO was at 100.
I don't want much front lighting, it was a test of rim lighting.

The ISO was at 100.
I don't know then, there's a ton of noise.
Unless what I'm seeing is JPEG compression; fitting that much resolution in a couple hundred KB

I don't want much front lighting, it was a test of rim lighting.
I'm not saying fully illuminate it, just a little fill light so you can see what's there
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:30:56 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

i thought this came out nice

Every is taking nice pictures of everything and I'm just sitting here taking pictures of cars :(

I don't know then, there's a ton of noise.
Unless what I'm seeing is JPEG compression; fitting that much resolution in a couple hundred KB

I almost think it might be this. The biggest reason I bit the bullet on Photoshop was so that I could export to PNG. That way, I wouldn't have to deal with the compression issue that Lightroom's JPEG exports would give me.