Poll

How'd you find out about Blockland(if you don't feel like posting)?

Youtube Videos
10 (17.5%)
Ad from a Website
25 (43.9%)
Friend showed me
10 (17.5%)
Other
12 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: How did you find out about Blockland?  (Read 3128 times)

Skip to the bottom if you're a "TL:DR"er.
I was watching ROBLOX Videos when it was 2008 or 2009. Suddenly, I heard about Blockland as well. I did some research, thought it was a great game, and downloaded the demo. I think I first bought the game in v11. Then some virus messed up my PC and I had to buy a new key. I downloaded the demo again and this time bought it in v17. I named my in-game character Shadow102786 because Shadow was taken (not only that, but it was taken by a noob). There was a show on Youtube I liked and there were some mentions of a user named Baron102786. The numbers in his name became the ones in my in-game name. Then I got another virus in v19. Mercifully, I found out about the key recovery, and still have the same key I have today.
TL;DR: Youtube had videos about Blockland.
So how did you find out about Blockland?
Also, how'd you decide your name?(This is optional)

I learned about it basically the same way.

Edit: I decided my name would be 'LizzyRascal' because me and my cat share. <3
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:34:56 AM by LizzyRascal »

Blockland advertisement on Roblox.

i was looking for lego movies because those were my favorites back then, and one of the related videos was some guy exploring his house and i was like WHAT IS THIS GAME MUST HAVE.

I think a friend showed it to me, don't remember.

friend showed it to me.

http://play-free-online-games.com/games/blockland.html

A lot of old members found out the same way, someone needs to update that page

Googled free online games

Tokthree ninjad me

Googled free online games

Tokthree ninjad pirate'd me

G'yarr

banner ad at halomaps
i never signed up from that though

I learned about it in like 2007-2008ish, thru ads.

I looked it up, and downloaded the demo. My 10 year old mind couldn't comprehend how to ride a horse or open the inventory, I then ragequit and went to roblox. Around 2009 I tried it again and holy stuff suddenly understand and then I bought it.

Lol, I was so little that I got pissed at the ads and just clicked it
then i was like
wooooah

Then I bought it a day later.

I think I saw some ad when I was playing http://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/ and decided to click on it.

I found out about it because my dad blocked Roblox because of "online interactions'... so I decided to find an offline-ish version of the game. I found this, and, eventually, I 'matured' enough (in my dad's opinion, "matured" isn't that great of a concept) to play online.. So, I joined when I found the game in v8. I was very eager when V9 came out hehhehe