Author Topic: Bones' guitar damage and restoration  (Read 4856 times)

There are all sorts of scratches all over my pick guard.

scratch the guard so you don't scratch the wood.

and it looks cool.

To hell with it.  Sandblast it for style.

why, because it's flat while the body is curved?

...that's kind of the reason it looks nice.
like i say, my opinion.

Is this a topic to reinforce our knowledge that you know the inside and out of a guitar? lol :p

Any updates? :D

This thread has also contributed to my recent urge to become a luthier. Gg bones.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:41:58 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

Any updates? :D

This thread has also contributed to my recent urge to become a luthier. Gg bones.
The upfront cost to fully maintain guitars yourself is too high for me. A good set of nut files and saws from stewmac is like $100. Then you have to get fret end files and all sorts of other tools too.

The upfront cost to fully maintain guitars yourself is too high for me. A good set of nut files and saws from stewmac is like $100. Then you have to get fret end files and all sorts of other tools too.

I mean like going to a Lutheiry school after my primary education. Musician's Institute in Hollywood has a Guitar Craft Academy. There's also a school in Arizona called Roberto Venn, which is a school purely for Luthiery.

Also I mean make guitars. My own designs and such, not just maintenance and repair.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:26:11 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

The guy is still finishing the wiring, but I got to see it today. Looks much better in person. Stoked

The guy is still finishing the wiring, but I got to see it today. Looks much better in person. Stoked

Neato.

Oh stuff that's forgetin' amazing. Guy did an awesome job.

-snip-
That's siiiiiiick.

The fake binding on the side is hot.

Are you still putting the pickguard on?