Author Topic: Gaia Online:Why Do We Hate It?  (Read 7162 times)

Why do people on blockland hate gaia so much? I have noticed that it's second up to roblox, and people here seem to also hate zOMG!, the MMORPG that just came out. I have a gaia account, and as Yuki classifies it into three groups, animecigarettes, Narucigarettes, and some other kind of cigarette I can't remember, I'm a definite anime cigarette, so I get along in there very well. The site is restricted to people who are 13 years or older, and you can usually tell by the people who post pictures of themselves in their profiles, so don't go saying that it's full of 10 year olds. We tend to get rid of the people who aren't willing to follow the rules, much like here, and with the MMORPG, yes you start out with your strength only slightly higher than a garden gnome(the reason you are fighting a garden gnome, I will not go into here) but like most MMORPG's, you need to work your way up to the stronger enemies. I do fine with gaia, and enjoy just talking to other people about many different topics, but most of all I like it because we don't take things super seriously. My pet peeve on gaia is that they don't have very strong scripter filters, and my biggest pet peeve is how serious we take things. Now I know that posting this thread will not change anyone's mind, but I hope that it will at least clear things up a little bit, and may I just suggest that you guys lighten up a little bit? I mean, geese, you guys seem to "shun" almost all the other sites.... I would appreciate if one of you(or more) would post several sites that people on blockland actually like. I'd like to see what kind of sites people here go to.......

And one other thing, Naruto is just NOT ANIME. I know that it technically is, but it's just such a bad series...... I'm into comedies my self, and a few shojo's also. But I guess that most off you could guess that I was an anime cigarette by just looking at my avatar ^_^'

post a tl;dr summary

and i think its because its anime style, and anime is very cliche nowadays

but other than that, its like an overhead view of Maple Story, which also sucks

because they're all handicaps
inb4HAY GUISE IVE GOT AN IDEA

HAY GUISE IVE GOT AN IDEA

LETS GO ON GAIA ONLINE AND GO FISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN G

Fishing hasnt been working for the past few months, we've been running around the towns for the Halloween Event, and now that zOMG! is finally out, it'll take a lot for us to be bored, but that all depends on what kind of game you like. But where did that "HAI GUISE IVE GOT AN IDEA" crap come from? If it's from gaia, then you obviously haven;t been on for a while. I don't know anyone there who talks like that anymore...... Again, usually the people who act like that are eliminated from gaia or are bored with gaia pretty soon.
post a tl;dr summary

and i think its because its anime style, and anime is very cliche nowadays

but other than that, its like an overhead view of Maple Story, which also sucks
I've never tried Maple Story, but now that you bring that up, it does seem like that.

you don't need to know where it's from
it went waaaaaaaaay over your head.

We hate it because friends like you play it.

HAY GUISE IVE GOT AN IDEA
LETS GO ON GAIA ONLINE AND GO FISHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN G
I can't believe how hard I Lol'd

Don't remember seeing anyone hating GAIA on this forum..

Why do people always create threads about "Hating on me/this"

DRAMA GOES IN THE DRAMA FORUM
EMO KIDS GOES IN THE FAIL BIN FORUM

The last sign of cigarette is furcigarette.

Why does Gaia suck?
It's the 7th Level of Internet Hell; Worse than 4chan.

All you need to know:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Gaia

I led a raid on Gaia. It was an epic strike of awesome.

Oh and FYI: They fear Anonymous. One fgt actually compared us to the Yakuza.

Oh yeah, and those friends totally stole our meme's. They commercialized the spirit of the Internet, those bastards.
/b/tards, traps, Anonymous, lend me your ears. I come to bury Longcat, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones. So let it be with Longcat. The noble Gaiacigarettes hath told you Longcat was of Gaia. If it were so, it was a grievous fault, And grievously hath Longcat answered it. Here, under leave of the Gaiamods and the rest. For Gaia is an honorable site; So are they all, all honorable Gaiacigarettes. Come I to speak in Longcat's funeral. He was my Longcat, looong and loooonger to me. But Gaiacigarettes say he was of Gaia, and the Gaiacigarettes are honorable men. He hath brought many lulzcows with His looongness, whose lulz did the general coffers fill. Did this in Longcat seem of Gaia? When that Anonymous hath fapped, Longcat hath praised. Gaiacigarettegitry should be made of sterner stuff. Yet Gaiacigarettes say he was of Gaia, and Gaia is an honorable site. You all did see that on the Caturday I thrice presented him with the Gaiast of honors, which he did thrice refuse. Was he of Gaia? Yet the Gaiacigarettes say he was of Gaia, and, sure, the Gaiacigarettes are honorable men. I speak not to disprove what the Gaiacigarettes say, but here I am to speak what I do know. You all did lol with him once, not without cause. What cause withholds you then to mourn for him? O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, and Anonymous have lost their reason. Bear with me. My heart is in the coffin there with Longcat, and I must pause till it comes back to me.
Memetheft hath come again my /b/rothers. Rise and ride with /b/ for vengeance and victory against the perpetrators of this memetheft. Of the treasonous theft of Longcat. CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE CATS OF WAR!

—Anonymous, A.K.A. W. Shakespeare
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:23:44 AM by yuki »