43 (41%)
no
17 (16.2%)
i want to forget mayo
14 (13.3%)
i want to kill mayo
31 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: why do people hate mayo so much  (Read 8710 times)

Mayo is an excellent sauce base - especially for burgers and fried shrimp. Take some sriracha, asian garlic sauce, mayo, and mix it together until it's light orange and you can see flecks of the red pepper. Deep fry about a pound of shrimp and dry it off with paper towels. Mix the shrimp and sauce in a large bowl, and then plate the shrimp atop a bed of shredded cabbage with a side of white rice (tastefully pressed into a dome using a small bowl). Garnish shrimp with toasted sesame seeds, and you've got yourself a generic restaurant-quality 'firecracker shrimp' appetizer/entree. 

Mayo is an excellent sauce base - especially for burgers and fried shrimp. Take some sriracha, asian garlic sauce, mayo, and mix it together until it's light orange and you can see flecks of the red pepper. Deep fry about a pound of shrimp and dry it off with paper towels. Mix the shrimp and sauce in a large bowl, and then plate the shrimp atop a bed of shredded cabbage with a side of white rice (tastefully pressed into a dome using a small bowl). Garnish shrimp with toasted sesame seeds, and you've got yourself a generic restaurant-quality 'firecracker shrimp' appetizer/entree. 
christ i gotta try this

christ i gotta try this
It's not very hard. Just make sure, if you haven't fried things before, that you have a high-smoke-point oil (like peanut for instance) and a thermometer. You'll also want to bread the shrimp with flour + salt/pepper.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:18:18 PM by SeventhSandwich »

it would actually be マヨ because it's a transliteration of an english word so kill yourself
this is correct
master matthew kill yourself

honey mustard is the best, followed by mayo. overusing it is disgusting but it's good otherwise

Mayo isn't bad, but I usually find that there's a better condiment available

i like that one grainy mustard thats slightly brown but idk what they do to it
its really good texture and flavour

i'd put my richard in a mayo jar and forget it until i make baby making mayo

i like that one grainy mustard thats slightly brown but idk what they do to it
its really good texture and flavour
You're thinking of dijon, and it's what they don't do to it that makes it grainy and brown. The general idea behind any mustard is you take mustard seeds and soak them in some sort of acid (usually vinegar, but can also be certain wines) until they become soft. Then you smash them up until they become mustard.

Normal yellow mustard usually uses the really light seeds which are the least spicy and don't have that dark sorta color, then they grind them up with a food processor, press the mixture through a fine screen to filter out the husks from the seeds (which are the 'grainy' stuff) and then reprocess again until really fine paste, which usually gets a lot of sugar and extra stuff added to mask the spiciness of the mustard and get the normal, vinegar taste.

Dijon mustards use a darker seed that's spicier, without being ground and filtered as much as the normal hotdog mustard. The rule of thumb is basically, the darker the seed, the spicier the mustard.

Source: have made homemade mustard

mayo is stuff, ketchup is stuff, mustard is stuff, it's all stuff
(except ranch)

(except ranch)
god damnit forget ranch
it tastes god awful **** ***** **** **** ***

mayo is stuff, ketchup is stuff, mustard is stuff, it's all stuff
you are factually wrong

(except ranch)
literally the worst condiment you could've picked

literally the worst condiment you could've picked
what do people have against ranch