Author Topic: Odd dream I had about Blockland being infected with some sort of malware  (Read 379 times)

This was weird.

I was on my computer, jjust browsing the internet, and I launched Blockland, and it wouldn't start. All of a sudden, I saw an Avira alert. I was suspicious, because it came up with no sound, and the shade of red was darker. I opened up Task Hacker 2, and, sure enough, there were processes there, multiple ones, that lead to locations that didn't exist, and just wouldn't let me terminate them.

Eventually, it opened a browser, and showed a fake page. Every page I attempted to load was incredibly forgeted. Heavily modified to be like bad internet jokes, adding redirects everywhere and making everything just unuseful. It certainly wasn't Memz, because it didn't show the same notepad file and it didn't have the same payloads.

I did some rapid searching on my phone, and discovered there was a way to remove it by visiting a fake page. Once it opened, it asked for the password, and on my phone, it said it was something, and I vaguely remember forget bees.

I'm not kidding.

It worked, and I found the Clean My Computer option (there was also a start malware option, which oddly said UNACTIVATED, which made me think there was more disastrous stuff), and it removed. It brought me to a page, and it said something along the lines of 'Your computer is cleaned! Blockland will no longer start the virus.' Which made me suspicious, because there was a update on Blockland recently according to Steam.

It started again for no reason, so I did the whole clean thing again, and it said that Blockland wouldn't do it again. I just shut the PC down, and then looked on the forums. There was some post on General Discussion about a guy complaining about 'bot' something code, which made me realize the update managed to be infected with malware, or something. There wasn't an official post from Badspot on the topic, which made me think it happened late at night or very recently, I can't remember.

Then I woke up.

This was a weird dream. Does anyone know of malware that modifies webpages and adds fake and annoying stuff everywhere? Again, it certainly isn't Memz since it didn't have the fake payloads. If only I could remember what it was called in the dream...

Does anyone know of malware that modifies webpages and adds fake and annoying stuff everywhere?
Cloudscout?
I had it for a while and actually made a topic about it because I wanted to get rid of it but I can't find it anymore

Cloudscout?
I had it for a while and actually made a topic about it because I wanted to get rid of it but I can't find it anymore

It's not adware, it was clearly made by script kiddies. It had a control panel to remove it, the things that were added were annoying jokes or stupid stuff like 'It's all over', or redirects to some sites or fake searches, and some pages had fake 'couldn't load' pages with fake reasons.

blockland has been infected with malware, it's called jitank  :cookieMonster:

it's the forget bees virus

alright look i know you hate this guy but can you stop talking about him and leave it in drama
(i see your cookie monster, so i know you're probably joking but still)

alright look i know you hate this guy but can you stop talking about him and leave it in drama
i'm joking don't worry

even as a joke, patton360 does an excellent job at provoking yet another argument outside the drama section

comming from the trojan horse that's impossible to get rid off lmfao