Poll

Do you wear shoes when entering someone's house?

Yes
28 (37.8%)
No
46 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Do you guys wear shoes when you enter someone's house?  (Read 2900 times)

the only time i take off my shoes at someone's house is if they're someone i'm comfortable around, like family or close friends
wat

wat
bc it just seems weird to take off my shoes in someone's house if i don't know them. i only take them off at family or friend's houses bc i'm usually lounging around and just chilling there

But isn't it uncomfortable to wear shoes all the time? It feels so much better with them off.
Are you nuts?

I feel lost without my shoes. It feels weird without the weight of my boots.

I don't like wearing shoes
if I'm getting something from my car or something I'm walking out in bare feet or socks

i usually try to ask without making it awkward and if i can't manage that i just do what the host is doing

Depends. If it's a good friend I'll kick them off in the middle of the room and help myself to a beer from their fridge lol.

Otherwise the polite thing to do is to wear your shoes unless the host asks you to take them off before you come in.

It also depends on the type of shoe. If I'm wearing boots then yeah of course I'll take them off. But if I just have my Sperrys or Vans on or something then I wont.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:38:03 PM by Ravencroft· »

Ya I'd rather have dirt and dog stuff trailing on my flooring instead of some bare feet too.

Missed the part where I mentioned wiping the shoes off. Also, generally, people don't step on turds, and if they do they don't just leave it on their shoes.

Depends. If it's a good friend I'll kick them off in the middle of the room and help myself to a beer from their fridge lol.

Otherwise the polite thing to do is to wear your shoes unless the host asks you to take them off before you come in.

It also depends on the type of shoe. If I'm wearing boots then yeah of course I'll take them off. But if I just have my Sperrys or Vans on or something then I wont.
lol raven my entire family would give you the dirtiest ass look and call you out so hard

lol raven my entire family would give you the dirtiest ass look and call you out so hard
I guess people do things differently in different areas. Walking around in bare feet/socks around someones house that your not that close with is considered pretty weird and disrespectful back in New York. Idk it's odd. Different in every household.

i'd imagine it's more of a concern in the midwest or colder areas because you would/should always always take your shoes off if you've been in the snow and it just carries over throughout the whole year as common etiquette
quote because this is most likely the reason. it's really not expected that you've been running through a manure field but it's just kind of set in that you don't wear your shoes through the house

I wear mine through houses often due to the fact I'm usually in and out as fast as I can.

it's not necessary but if i'm staying for a while then yes

do you think i was raised in a barn

Absolutely not. How rude!