Author Topic: MRPG - Medieval RPG - Need Help! [hiatus]  (Read 9478 times)

If you want people to help you, add a greatly detailed explanation of how your mod will work in the OP.
Not; "Resource gathering that isn't grinding, group benefits, etc"
Actually explain what you have in mind.
The things I'm asking for help with aren't required to have an in-depth idea around the mod.  I'd rather keep some of it to myself so that people have a reason to join the server and find things out for themselves.

holy stuff

oh wait...hey JazZ lol

It all makes sense now...So when do you want the terrain by? And approximately how big of an area?
Allo Racer, I don't plan on having the mod done in the next two weeks but keep in mind I also have to do all the cities, so if possible within the week would be great

I hope you have the ability to ignore any legal action someone wants to take against you and shoot a crossbow bolt in their throat. Anything that forces you to pay something is really stupid. If someone wants to try suing me they'd better do it fully knowing I'm going to turn them into a pincushion for it, laugh at their attempt at legal action, and then steal their money.

My $0.02

I hope you have the ability to ignore any legal action someone wants to take against you and shoot a crossbow bolt in their throat. Anything that forces you to pay something is really stupid. If someone wants to try suing me they'd better do it fully knowing I'm going to turn them into a pincushion for it, laugh at their attempt at legal action, and then steal their money.

My $0.02
which means the powerful are basically legally untouchable

My $0.02

Well there will be an assortment of cities and smaller villages and free areas.
if you commit crime in a city, you'll be wanted in that city, and can be jailed by the local cops
if you commit crime in a village, you'll have a bounty set by that village and anyone can kill you freely
if you commit crime in the woods in the middle of nowhere, unless someone else kills you out of heroism, you're good to go.

However player to player punishment (suing), I haven't fully worked out yet

What kind of crimes are you talking about?
large crimes, murder/large scale theft

Bounty hunting could be a fun feature.

As long as there's a level difference cap for it or some similar balancing.

Bounty hunting could be a fun feature.

As long as there's a level difference cap for it or some similar balancing.
Trying to figure out a way to keep lower levels from getting blown to hell, I'm relying mostly on group fighting

Trying to figure out a way to keep lower levels from getting blown to hell, I'm relying mostly on group fighting
some possibilities maybe???

Make PvP zones avoidable and unnecessary for travel in general if those exist, players should have a choice in whether or not to be involved in it.
Make sure that there are always areas that players can find plenty of things to do in for their skill level, and make this advancement 'geographically linear'.
Balance is key.

Relying on cooperation makes sense in a multiplayer environment, but it shouldn't be something you intend on unless it is pretty much required (not because the player sees it as a design flaw, but because that's how the game is actually meant to be played).

sorry if my suggestions get annoying

I plan on making the map really loving huge, and I'll see about the generator but I'm pretty sure it can't make underground caves or tunnels, they might have to be man-made and still fit the build. Is just a regular, huge grass-covered forest fine?

some possibilities maybe???

Make PvP zones avoidable and unnecessary for travel in general if those exist, players should have a choice in whether or not to be involved in it.
Make sure that there are always areas that players can find plenty of things to do in for their skill level, and make this advancement 'geographically linear'.
Balance is key.

Relying on cooperation makes sense in a multiplayer environment, but it shouldn't be something you intend on unless it is pretty much required (not because the player sees it as a design flaw, but because that's how the game is actually meant to be played).

sorry if my suggestions get annoying

The PvP zones idea was already in place, the cooperation thing I very much agree on

And no, I love hearing suggestions, this mod is about what people want to play, not what I want to waste time making, lol.

I plan on making the map really loving huge, and I'll see about the generator but I'm pretty sure it can't make underground caves or tunnels, they might have to be man-made and still fit the build. Is just a regular, huge grass-covered forest fine?
I can do the tunnels and such, and try different biomes, grass, desert, mountain, etc

The PvP zones idea was already in place, the cooperation thing I very much agree on

And no, I love hearing suggestions, this mod is about what people want to play, not what I want to waste time making, lol.
I can do the tunnels and such, and try different biomes, grass, desert, mountain, etc
I think I'll have it like a huge mountain in the center with some adventure-quest type stuff you can do on it or whatever you have, and the towns can surround the base of it or something.

I think I'll have it like a huge mountain in the center with some adventure-quest type stuff you can do on it or whatever you have, and the towns can surround the base of it or something.
Love it

/bump got some progress done