Author Topic: Why doesn't Blockland Shaders have support for OS X?  (Read 2080 times)

It's been about two years since S&S update came out, so I am wondering why the hell hasn't shadows been fixed for OS X? It's not like my computer is incapable of running them, I have a i7 4770K with a GTX 670 4GB.

Seriously Badspot, how come this has not been fixed? It's kind of annoying I have to shut down and boot up in windows when I want to take a pic with Shadows and Shaders in them.

Because badspot doesn't own a mac

It also doesn't work well with Intel, due to lack of OpenGL support.

Yes, but Intel is mostly installed to the point where it can't be taken out, and there are other windows computers. There are no different operating system macs, it's all OS and crap. No OS 7, Vista, XP, or 8.

I'd laugh until I died if OS XP came out.

i thought you said specifically about a year ago you didnt give a forget about shaders and always kept them off because you ran mac?

i thought you said specifically about a year ago you didnt give a forget about shaders and always kept them off because you ran mac?
He probably just said it out of anger because Macs couldn't run them, which is understandable.

Anyways, I just ordered a new laptop the other day and it has a 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB Graphics. Will this be able to run shaders since the Graphics aren't intel or is the Processor the component that the shaders rely on? (I don't know stuff about computers)

He probably just said it out of anger because Macs couldn't run them, which is understandable.

Anyways, I just ordered a new laptop the other day and it has a 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB Graphics. Will this be able to run shaders since the Graphics aren't intel or is the Processor the component that the shaders rely on? (I don't know stuff about computers)

yes

and games like battlefield 4

/thread
if you want shader support for OSX, go pester Intel to make cards with OpenGL support.

The fact it has an intel processor has almost nothing to do with your ability to use shaders. What was probably meant was a reference to intel integrated graphics, which are pretty bad compared to dedicated GPUs. Max shaders run fine for my intel processors, but it wouldn't if I also used intel integrated graphics.

Ah now I understand, thanks a lot guys.

forget.
Yes, but Intel is mostly installed to the point where it can't be taken out, and there are other windows computers. There are no different operating system macs, it's all OS and crap. No OS 7, Vista, XP, or 8.

I'd laugh until I died if OS XP came out.
What the forget am I even reading?

???????

I only use shaders when I want to take nice pictures or record a video.

Anyone think Badspot will actually add support for OSX S&S?

He put it accessible with Intel, then decides not to. I had so much fun with them :(

He put it accessible with Intel, then decides not to. I had so much fun with them :(
what.

Because badspot doesn't own a mac

Im pretty sure that is not the reason...

There are no different operating system macs, it's all OS and crap. No OS 7, Vista, XP, or 8.
I have no idea what the rest of this post was, but "OS X" is the Apple equivalent of "Windows"
just like there's Windows 8 and 7 and Vista, there's OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion
Anyone think Badspot will actually add support for OSX S&S?
according to what thorfin said, Intel graphics cards don't support OpenGL, and based on what thorfin said, badspot used OpenGL for this, so that is probably pretty unlikely if both of these things are true