Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 278085 times)

Alright, server is up, It is very vanilla, very bland, and very new, so plz excuse me until I get it cleaned up a bit

Server IP: 99.90.50.115
Port: 2076
Max Players: 20

There are NO rules, no guidelines, nothing until that "line" has been reached, as of now and as for warned, its a FFA, just go as far away from Kerbal as you can. I also WILL NOT be babysitting the server, so if someone hits you, don't bother crying to me. It be wonderful if OP puts this on first post so others can see it.

If you want to be part of this multiplayer experience, go to this link and download the mod, like the mod says, its not guerenteed to work, just be patient with it.

http://kerbalspaceport.com/kmp-client/

Note: Tell me if something happens/doesn't work
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:10:14 PM by Shocklink »

i got disconnected :(

EDIT: Everytime I try to send a chat message i lose connection
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:10:39 PM by Jubel »

i got disconnected :(

I saw that, I have it restart whenever it crashes, I am trying to figure out why its crashing, like I said, its not stable/clean, plz be patient

Double Toast

If anyone can help me solve this you got yourself a good server

It might've been my fault, I looked through my KSP files to make sure it was a vanilla copy of the game but turns out it wasn't.

I don't know how KMP handles clients with mods installed but I can assume not very well :P

I fixed my end issue anyways and am running a 100% clean game.
(sorry for any trouble if it was ;-;)

It might've been my fault, I looked through my KSP files to make sure it was a vanilla copy of the game but turns out it wasn't.

I don't know how KMP handles clients with mods installed but I can assume not very well :P

I fixed my end issue anyways and am running a 100% clean game.
(sorry for any trouble if it was ;-;)

Thats a very good question, I have mods and when I chatted it crashed as well.
And no trouble at all, you are doing me the favor of solving the issue, so I thank you :D

i dont know if its up or not but i havent done any chatting and it still says im connecteeeed?

a neat bug i found was the ability to control a broken off winglet

i had to go, but that was really neat
ill be sure to join any future servers :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:48:25 PM by Jubel »

I will keep looking for the bug that keeps crashing the server, no clue why its doing that Problem solved, chat works now, should be very stable now.

I will keep the server up for those interested in it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:59:18 PM by Shocklink »

What was the issue :o

so i'm assuming a massively modded ksp build would self destruct at the first hint of a multiplayer

so i'm assuming a massively modded ksp build would self destruct at the first hint of a multiplayer
Yes.

mines didn't and I have every well known mod installed, except mechjeb
forget mechjeb

of course I didn't use the mod parts

Not really, the mods are handled on the client side, the only reason a mod would cause issues is if the mod itself was already glitchy. I will begin "Whitelisting" mods eventually meaning its optional to have the mods but not a requirement. I won't just whitelist EVERY mod at once, bit by bit. This allows the server to have less strain and bit more controllable on my part.

What was the issue :o

There is a word bank of "profanity" that I erased (I wanted it off) but I didn't notice that there was actually a switch for that. So every time someone chatted, the game would "check" with nothing and end up with a loop, forcing the server to shut down. Luckily it has an auto restart system in it so it just simply resets and connects back in 10 seconds.

For those who don't know, you chat with the console button, which are "`" or "~".
also take advantage of the debug option while you can, I plan on turning that off soon.

But part clipping ;v;