Author Topic: [GML] - The Gentle Menne of Leisure - NOW ACCEPTING!  (Read 1296 times)

The Gentle Menne of Leisure is different from other clans. Most clans have rivalries with other clans, and almost all have an affiliation with an aspect of Blockland (E.G. Building, Eventing, Mapping, Add-ons, etc).

GML is different. We wish to maintain a casual relationship with other clans, only exchanging blows in good nature, nudging each other in the side like good chums.
We diversify our repertoire of what we do from building to eventing to hosting TDMs to making add-ons.
Above all, we want to have a good time. The Gentle Menne of Leisure aims to give the chaps of Blockland a taste of what a clan without borders can be like.

Currently, GML has 3 members. Keep in mind that it will grow in size as time goes on.

Delta    -    Top-Hatted Manne
EggNog  -  Right-Hand Manne
Arkal        -        Good Ol' Chap

There are a few things that you can do to apply for the Gentle Menne of Leisure.

• Submit a build you have done. Must not only be designed well, but looks good and could work for whatever purpose it is meant to. (Think Afghanistan TDM, except smaller.)

• Submit an eventing project you have done. At least make it neatly done, not use too many non-default events, and look good as well. (Think Synth Machine from scratch or the like.)

• Host or attend a relatively popular server for a decent time and have another user vouch for your good behavior and sportsmanship. (Think Red_Guy's Unlimited Mining or Heedicalking's TDM. If I meet you there, that'll go a loooong way. :D)

If you are a member of the Gentle Menne of Leisure, that means that you must behave like a GENTLEMAN. No huffing about getting kicked from Blockhead's Freebuild because you knocked over Billy's tower. Here are the main rules to ensure that everyone has a rollicking time.

• Have fun. Nobody likes a party soiler.

• Don't spam or disobey rules on any other server. (Getting kicked from a misunderstanding or joke can be allowed.)

• Behave yourself at clan events and events at other servers. Uniforms shall be worn at clan events, but are not required anywhere else.

• Support your fellow Gentlemen. Help out a chap in need, especially if he is new.

• Don't talk badly of other clans, or keep your opinion to yourself. We do not aim to make any rivalries without a good reason.

Uniforms are only for clan events, but can be worn elsewhere. However, one thing special about the clan uniforms is the MONOCLE FACES. A pack of default faces WITH MONOCLES shall be posted for all Gentlemen to use at clan events. The uniform besides the Monocle Face is shown here:

A fancy shirt, such as the suit, the airplane uniform, or the sweater, in grey, black, or white, "long-sleeves" for suits, short are permissible for sweaters. A good cap, your best "monocle" face, and a rank insignia. A new Gentle Manne should wear the one-bar, an Esteemed Gentleman should wear two, and so forth.

Finally, below this text is our current servers. There will at one point be a Clan HQ, Minecraft Server, and TF2 Server.

Thanks for reading and good luck, gentlemen!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:42:01 PM by Delta_ »

Reminds me of gentlemen with monocles.
Also, the face on your logo was originally FOR the gentlemen with monocles.
You should change that :/

I know the face is not mine. Also, we don't intend to have any relation to Gentlemen with Monocles. Is it actually still running?

I know the face is not mine. Also, we don't intend to have any relation to Gentlemen with Monocles. Is it actually still running?
No.

The moustache strikes you up 40 points!