Author Topic: Hiroshima sells 4chan to Lowtax, owner of Something Awful (candid camera)  (Read 6240 times)

Did you mean: Hiroyuki Nishimura?

Because that's pretty far off from Hiroshima, the infamous bombing site.

Did you mean: Hiroyuki Nishimura?

Because that's pretty far off from Hiroshima, the infamous bombing site.
It's 4chan. Why wouldn't they call him Hiroshima?

Hiroshima Nagasaki is my favorite owner of 4chin

Hiroshima Nagasaki is my favorite owner of 4chin
this guy has the best nickname for the best site

Glad he could help.

Fugg. How did he find us?

googled the headline to see everyone discussing it

How long until we get some /b/tards with money to spare spamming the place?
It's like you expect and want that to happen.

i think i found out the actual reason he said sorry

backstory is there's some polish guy on /int/ who admins thought was behind a proxy that goes into random threads and spams cp-esque (saying esque because it's usually not actually cp but very questionable, or at least that's how i've seen it done) material before getting banned and his posts deleted

http://fusion.net/story/349359/cops-and-ip-addresses/

apparently this time hiro reported it himself, and instead of it just being the proxy guy

The ultimate fate of that tip, according to a new white paper from the digital civil liberties group Electronic Frontier Foundation, reveals in part why IP addresses can be unreliable pieces of evidence that then misused by police and the courts.

The address pointed at a Seattle couple: David Robinson and Jan Bultmann. So at 6:15 a.m. on a Wednesday morning last March, gun-toting police officers showed up at the door of their condo, flashing a warrant and saying they needed to search the premises. The cops threatened to take all of the computer equipment in the house unless Robinson and Bultmann answered their questions and let them search devices. Robinson got dressed while a police officer watched, according to local alt-weekly The Stranger. Then Robinson and his wife were taken into white police vans and questioned separately for nearly an hour about whether they were child research connoisseurs.

“They asked terrible questions, really offensive stuff. The interrogator seemed convinced I was trafficking in child research,” Robinson told me by phone.

But there was one big problem: they weren’t the ones who had uploaded the child research. Robinson and Bultmann explained to the officers that they operate a Tor exit relay, a software used by activists, dissidents, privacy enthusiasts, and yes, criminals and child research aficionados, who want to be able to surf the internet without having their identities exposed. The couple started running the relay as volunteers in 2010, inspired by Wikileaks and whistleblowers who might want to use it for their work.

basically, because of the report hiro had made against the IPs, multiple people who had nothing to do with the poster ended up getting their doors busted down by the law