Poll

Would use?

Yay
57 (83.8%)
Nay
11 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Google Glass  (Read 2051 times)

This is like the 3 or 4 topic.

This is like the 3 or 4 topic.
The video came out 16 hours ago.

The video came out 16 hours ago.
But Glass has been in development for a while now.

But Glass has been in development for a while now.
This is the first topic that doesn't have a stupid concept video and actually has a (expensive) way to apply.

um
it's a thing with a little screen, voice recognition, and a camera
like for real
the most advanced thing this has is a transparent monitor
It also has GPS, and (according to the video) video-to-map recognition, being able to see what you're looking at and place it on the map.

But I think it's the ease-of-use that is the real point it's trying to make.
The ability to take a photo or video by simply looking and saying.
No need to hold a camera and press buttons or anything.
That, tied in with the see-through aspect of it, making it non-invasive, means that it should become a perfectly symbiotic tool in your day-to-day life.
No need to check a watch or phone for the time, or the weather, or text messages. Instead it's relayed to you in this form of a Heads-Up-Display, in front of your eyes, yet not being intrusive.

Connect it with a blue-tooth style headset for listening and you could easily have it replace most functions of modern phones, in giving it the ability to recieve calls.

It's certainly a very cool concept, and even if it's not commercially successful, I can only see it as a good sign of where technology can go on from where we are today.
Google's taking an interesting leap forwards.

I do worry that it will end up being ridiculously expensive however, and quite possibly rather fragile.

Now watch as the military uses it to make a IFF and makes it so it can see through walls and stuff.
i think they're already working on that bro

Now watch as the military uses it to make a IFF and makes it so it can see through walls and stuff.
black ops 2!!!!

Last time we talked about this on the forum, everyone hated these.

Already do.

Haha

But a phone can do all that.

I'd be cautious about taking these anywhere that I don't know will be safe, they'd probably be pretty fragile.

good for recording movies in the cinema