Author Topic: Honno & Zapk  (Read 7517 times)

it's called an exploit
It's an exploit that's a known and accepted part of the game, like hopping off ramps and shooting over walls.

you're exploiting the game in order to try and evade the purpose of the game: to try and find the props that are out of place
you aren't supposed to be able to detect them like that
Then they should have fixed that?

Lately some things have been going wrong in my life and I've had a bit of a short fuse, I apologize for that and I should try to not come to conclusions.
This doesn't work in this section of the forums.
Hell, I'm not even sure if this works on this forum.

It's an exploit that's a known and accepted part of the game, like hopping off ramps and shooting over walls.
Uh no, it's still an exploit. Nothing in the definition of "exploit" includes that. Can't just make up definitions of words like that.
Plus, the word "cheat" just means "to gain an unfair advantage," and being able to directly detect players in the way he did is considered an unfair advantage since you're not supposed to be able to do that.

Even if for some reason you disagree on the definitions of words, and I don't understand why you would even bother doing that, he knew he was (insert negatively-associated term that means doing something you're not supposed to do) and that he shouldn't have been doing it. He got banned for it, and is probably going to stay banned.

Then they should have fixed that?
yes they should totally should just have fixed every single bug in existence whether or not they've heard of it
programming doesn't work that way unfortunately

(The bug was only reported after he'd used it. They should probably fix it now if they haven't already.)

To be honest I didn't even realize that it was a bug. I just thought it was a game mechanic just like the game it's based off of.

Uh no, it's still an exploit. Nothing in the definition of "exploit" includes that. Can't just make up definitions of words like that.
Includes what? It's a good thing I never made up any definitions, and stated that yes, it is an exploit.

Plus, the word "cheat" just means "to gain an unfair advantage," and being able to directly detect players in the way he did is considered an unfair advantage since you're not supposed to be able to do that.
How is it cheating if anyone can do it?

he knew he [...] shouldn't have been doing it.
No, apparently he didn't, and why would he have known so?

yes they should totally should just have fixed every single bug in existence whether or not they've heard of it
programming doesn't work that way unfortunately
(The bug was only reported after he'd used it. They should probably fix it now if they haven't already.)
a known and accepted part of the game
Did you just not read my post or something? That's the impression I'm getting.

How is it unfair exploit abuse if anyone can do it?
I suppose this wording makes a bit more sense.

I feel like taboo is the only one talking sense here. Why is he supposed to be hated again?

"Other people can do it so it's okay."
That's on par with the "My sibling did it." excuse.

Anyone can murder someone, guess it is ok if I do.

whhaaaaattttt
"Other people can do it so it's okay."
That's on par with the "My sibling did it." excuse.
Anyone can murder someone, guess it is ok if I do.
Yes, that was bad wording. Scroll up.
How is it unfair exploit abuse if anyone can do it?
I suppose this wording makes a bit more sense.
This is the same as babies complaining about wavedashing or air strafing or any other "exploit" that has become part of a game's meta.

here is a game about looking for players who are hiding

hey, some guy found an exploit that allows you to find out where other players are hiding instantly

the meta has evolved into the game not even pretending to be played

Wait wasn't Zapk revoked?

Wait wasn't Zapk revoked?
BOS on forums but I don't think he was revoked

BOS on forums but I don't think he was revoked

He spammed the master server and forum Self Deleted. I don't see why he's being allowed back.