Author Topic: Massive Spam on Mongler's Vehicle Kitchen Server  (Read 7965 times)

WARNING: PAGE SRETCH
There were a lot of people spamming, but the only ones worth noting are here:
BLIDs
Mongler - 48689
crazy54311 - 27254
Razer - 37468
Modder the Fox Torque - 202923
TheGoldenKai - 208106
Adore Delano - 138897

So, I saw that Mongler was hosting a kitchen map, so I decided to join. Everything was going smoothly until crazy54311 and Mongler kept spamming "D000000000000000000D".

After that, the server was relatively calm again. However, things slowly started getting chaotic and out of hand when a lot of the staff starting spamming. I had to record a .gif because taking pictures would've taken too long.

Soon enough, people were spamming random characters and the staff were all spamming announcements in size 200 impact. Then, the server crashed. What a great server with these explicitly amazing admins.

Props on the gif. Rare to see that kind of production quality in a drama thread.

Razer - 37468
I was actually surprised to see Razer in this

1. It is Mongler's server, and he perfectly agreed to it. I didn't like it, but I chimed in for like 5 seconds.
2. If you didn't like it, you could've simply left. It's really that simple.

I don't understand why having fun on a friend's server is a big deal. Like I said, if you didn't like it, then leave.

^ Badspot also said he isn't banning players for this, as hosters can host servers the way they want. Don't like it? Leave. Simple.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:09:52 PM by Badspot »

You can't  just drama us because the host approves it, and rule says that "If the server owner approves it, there's no need to drama it" So, basically, this shouldn't be a drama since the server owner approves us spamming

^ Badspot also said he isn't banning players for this, as hosters can host servers the way they want. Don't like it? Leave. Simple.
I can understand that you guys were messing around with the consent of the server owner, but complaining about a stuffty host is a fine reason to start a drama. An abusive host is still a problem, even if they're in-charge.

1. It is Mongler's server, and he perfectly agreed to it. I didn't like it, but I chimed in for like 5 seconds.

I don't understand why having fun on a friend's server is a big deal. Like I said, if you didn't like it, then leave.
You can't  just drama us because the host approves it, and rule says that "If the server owner approves it, there's no need to drama it" So, basically, this shouldn't be a drama since the server owner approves us spamming

Literally a rule in ► This is not a spam board.

ninja'd by insert name here
1. It is Mongler's server, and he perfectly agreed to it.
That's not the way it works. Just because Mongler's the host, it doesn't mean nothing's wrong with it. I posted this drama to let other people know that you may be problems in the future in terms of spamming. Basically, it's just
Quote from: Badspot
Might does not make right.  Just because we can't physically stop people from being jerks on their own computers doesn't make it ok.  We are attempting to stop them via social pressure, that is the point of this forum.
I didn't like it, but I chimed in for like 5 seconds.
I noticed this after I posted. Unfortunately, you can't edit drama posts. I'm sorry that I included you as one of the main spammers, but you just happened to catch my attention more than most people.
Yeah, no stuff.  No one is posting "help I'm trapped in this bad server and can't leave".  The point is to warn others and bring about social consequences for the offending party.
You can't  just drama us because the host approves it, and rule says that "If the server owner approves it, there's no need to drama it" So, basically, this shouldn't be a drama since the server owner approves us spamming
Might does not make right.  Just because we can't physically stop people from being jerks on their own computers doesn't make it ok.  We are attempting to stop them via social pressure, that is the point of this forum.

You really need to read the rules. You're arguing facts here. Might as well argue to a brick wall.

You really need to read the rules. You're arguing facts here. Might as well argue to a brick wall.
Blatantly ignoring what the creator of the game and forums has stated, nice one!

These are the rules. These are quoted from Badspot's thread at the top of the drama board. I don't know what facts I'm arguing right now.

guys we spammed but it's ok because the host said we could!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that rule was made to combat people using that excuse when they were being blatant starfishs. but a host and his friends goofing off and spamming their own chat/server doesn't really seem like something to get up in arms about.