Author Topic: Atomic Ray Gun by Giome  (Read 3633 times)

Hello! I am a new add on maker! I have just made my own private add on but I am going to make this, this week!

As you can see I am too lazy right now to talk about it but I will post some pictures below. Comment / give me feedback on how it is. I wont work hard but I will try! Hope this will make it, not like that Dog AI i wanted to make.

Where do you add color on the meshes.
-Blender or -Milkshape  ?

///IMPORTANT///
My  gun in-game is at a different position, I will add a picture of the bug. Can anyone tell me what happened?

It pops up below me or behind me.
I tried rearanging the position in blender but I dont know where to go
I do have two bones for projectile and mountpoint parented to detail32

I think it has to do with rotations. Got any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:50:23 PM by giome298 »

I can't really see the model...
get a bigger picture.

You technically add color as a .png included with your addon

I can't really see the model...
get a bigger picture.

I dont know how to remove the other one, but the one on the bottom should work.

You technically add color as a .png included with your addon

Yeah but how would you put the colors to those specific meshes?

Yeah that picture works. I would suggest you don't use circles for all that.

Yeah that picture works. I would suggest you don't use circles for all that.

I made circles for the nozzle area

whats wrong with them?

I made circles for the nozzle area

whats wrong with them?
use 8 side cylinders.

use 8 side cylinders.

Wait can I keep the ones I'm using now? I mean I don't think I could change it. Ill try but what is wrong with these?

Wait can I keep the ones I'm using now? I mean I don't think I could change it. Ill try but what is wrong with these?

Too many sides, if you go to the 3D model topic and take a look at most of the models, that's how it's done.
Unless you want to use smoothgroups and smoothshading, then that's a different story.
For the S and S, go check out the general blender help thread or big list of tutorials.

That poly count is high almost like takato14's weapons,I say you should make them blocko if you understand what I mean.

Ok thanks everyone, I will go change it.

oh and hey excalibur haha

Hello Giome its me Lucas

If you look at the thing I circled it shows you that its 224 faces with that alone

if you look here

you will see that its only 56 faces a dramatic difference

we do this to lower the amount of polys in a model so for example if you had that addon in blockland and we were having a 20 person tdm it might be a little laggy or so because of its polys

its to do with memory and the overall theme of blockland in my opinion its best to make the weapon fit the overall theme of the game and lowering the polys helps your model fit into the game while still having less polys

I had the same exact problem with my models and I just want to share this with you

Hello Giome its me Lucas

If you look at the thing I circled it shows you that its 224 faces with that alone

if you look here

you will see that its only 56 faces a dramatic difference

we do this to lower the amount of polys in a model so for example if you had that addon in blockland and we were having a 20 person tdm it might be a little laggy or so because of its polys

its to do with memory and the overall theme of blockland in my opinion its best to make the weapon fit the overall theme of the game and lowering the polys helps your model fit into the game while still having less polys

I had the same exact problem with my models and I just want to share this with you

wow I just learned something new today,
thanks Lucas for pointing that out!

See you soon lol ill get to work.