Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1316237 times)

How well do blower type video cards cool
apparently 10% cooler than open air

I've only heard that they're worse.

Yeah they meant for small itx cases or upgrades to stuffty prebuilds with some junk case. Where you need to keep the hot air from inside the case at all costs.

But they dont cool as well as open air gpus. I just wasnt sure how much less they do. Im making a mini itx rightnow and undecided what way to go.

I've only heard that they're worse.
i'd say it depends on the way your fans are set up

Presumably a blower style cooler would be better if you want to take the load off your CPU so that it's not taking in warm air from the GPU that sits right below the CPU cooler

I'm not sure what edition of Windows 8.1 to get, I would like a 64 bit version, but I don't want Microsoft Office installed on it (Word, excel, etc.) I would like it on a disc too if possible.
Page loss, I'll also just remove office if it comes with it.

Page loss, I'll also just remove office if it comes with it.
so buy a disc 64 bit copy of Windows 8? It doesn't come with office (not sure why that would be a problem though...).

why would you not want office? dont you have school presentations

maybe he wants libre office

This makes no sense. My moms Windows 8.1 laptops touchscreen stopped working. When I go into Windows it says "no pen or touch input is available for this display" and the Device manager doesn't show the "HID compliant touchscreen" or whatever in it. But the thing is the touch screen worked fine before, I tried uninstalling the graphics drivers so Windows would update any missing drivers, but still no avail. I even tried updating the computer to Windows 10 but that didn't work either. Can I get some suggestions on what to do?

Google drive?

Hey guys, I got a serious problem

Yesterday I was at school doing some work on my computer, but when I pulled up chrome and went to my regular sites, 80% of the time I get a ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error on the page and cant connect to said website
Aside from Google, the forums, and a few other sites, I cant browse jack stuff because of this error. Thing is, this only happens when Im not using the network I use at home. At home it works fine, but on any other network it doesnt work.
I really need help solving this, because for forgets sake because of the error I cant even access my school work which is all internet based
Ive tried the following
1. Flushing both Windows DNS cache and chrome DNS cache
2. Adding the websites IPs to the HOSTS file
3. Disabling and re-enabling wireless adapter.
4. Tried manually setting DNS in network settings

Google docs and sheets far surpass office apps lol. And they can even import or save-as msoffice file types as needed anyway.

What DNS servers did you use for primary and secondary?
Can you resolve the hostnames using another browser or tool?

What DNS servers did you use for primary and secondary?
Can you resolve the hostnames using another browser or tool?
I cant resolve using Microsoft Edge either, same with Firefox
Heres the list of DNS servers im using http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/a/free-public-dns-servers.htm
I also managed to be able to finally connect to some sites, and can finally access my schoolwork over the internet, but I cant seem to connect to youtube at all. Im able to ping the domain and get perfect responses but every time I try to connect via browser, i get a error saying the connection timed out.