Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1638533 times)

Lbh'er n ohmmxvyy.
Lbh unir ab frafr bs sha.
Rot13 for:
"You're a buzzkill."
and
"You have no sense of fun."

There needs to be a lounge for dead people, people wanting to just spectate, and people detected as AFK.

There needs to be a lounge for dead people, people wanting to just spectate, and people detected as AFK.
People who want to spectate can kill themselves, people who are dead can spectate more easily with the flycam than whatever we might install in a lounge, and people who are AFK won't really be able to appreciate it.

I have played this server for quite a long time (since June/July), and I have donated to help out. Now I want to go further helping with this server by applying for administrator.
This application might be quite lengthy, but Gizmo told me to leave it long, and I have much to state inside of it.
So, here is my application:

Name: Dr. Zegobob
BL_ID: 23620
Previous Experience Administrating:
I have worked as an administrator for ShadowTitan for quite a while to help him with his servers and to monitor the players. Spoons101 hired me to help set up and manage his various servers. BlocklandNoob gave me administrator on his popular hunger games server after I helped him get it set up with the dedicated server software. TGCBlackcat had me as a trustworthy administrator for over two years (and still going). I applied for administrator on Snk12's metropolis and was accepted into the server (even though it was quite chaotic), and I helped out there until the server closed for awhile. Snuff gave me an administrator on his own fort-wars before we agreed on me as the host. I have been promoted to administrator on Altiris's server (which is currently Dodgeball). Kalphiter gave me admin on his New Years 2013 server after I helped set up the build. Zay gave me full access and administrator on his new RTB hosted server (currently TF2 Lakeside), and I have helped him get the server set up. Lastly, I have my own server (Kaphost) that was (and still is) often frequented by 20+ players, sometimes 30+ players at one time.
Who recommends you?: People that have directly stated that I should me recommended for this server and admin applications are (list):
ShadowTitan, Spoons101, BlocklandNoob, Maze, Zay, Snuff/Snuffers, Owl Citizen, Swat 3 (The Administrator), Enderman, MrLoganator111, Redconer, Agent Creeper, Banette, Trifornt, Youtube (in game), Name is Unavailable, and Tetrahedron.
Why should I accept you?:
   First off and most importantly, I know that being an administrator is not a "fun" job that makes the server more enjoyable than the regular users, but rather a more stressful job that requires quick decisions to be made to keep the server free of rule-breakers. I will put my job of making decisions of punishment to rule-breakers over any game-play - even a boss opportunity where I am in the midst of battle with the normals. I know how make fast yet proper punishments to any user that is breaking one or more of of the rules, and I know what to do in confusing situations where the rule-breaker and another user are involved in an argument. I also know how to end arguments between two or more people well, however I will keep the punishments fair and proper when the arguments go too far. I know the admin GUI inside and out, as well as some other admin commands that would be useful. One of the ways I administrate is by warning the user first if the rule-breaking is minor, however I know when to give proper punishments to anyone who was already warned or to anyone who is breaking the rules more severely or frequently. I almost always give a reason for a punishment to prevent any further confusion. I am experienced with large servers that hold many players, and I know how to give punishments to rule-breakers without anyone else's guidance or approval. Because I can be on the server quite frequently, I can be online at many times to enforce the rules even when other admins are not online. When the time comes where there is a problem that I cannot solve with administrator abilities, I will get the attention of any super-admin that I could contact through RTB, and/or post the issue on the forum topic so it can be logged and later solved. I know that being an administrator does not put me above the rules in any way, and I will never try to get around any of the rules just because of an Administrator title. I have read through the rules throughly and I know what punishments to give a user for breaking any one or more of them.
   Another thing that I'm experienced with is not giving any punishments for personal reasons to any user that I don't like in the community or anyone I hold a grudge against. I am not biased toward the people that I don't "prefer" be playing in the server, and I give everyone a fair and equal chance at following the rules no matter how much I dislike them. However when a user does do anything that breaks any of the rules, I will give a quick an appropriate punishment depending on what rule(s) they broke. As an administrator, I do not punish users to show authority or power, or to win any arguments that I have had with that person, and I will also refrain from getting in or starting arguments with users or other administrators to prevent problems and rule-breaking. If needed, I will do my job and end the arguments instead if they get too severe. Another thing to know when reviewing this application is that I have experience with moderating large amounts of players by myself. I own a Kaphost server myself and I have full access on a friend's RTB server, and I do have experience with hosting many people, and also dealing many problems such as rule-breaking and trolling. For example, I once had 43 players in my server at one time, and I was one of the only administrators there. However, I still handled the server without users breaking the rules and I made sure that nobody was doing anything that could harm the server. I also had many experiences on various servers where I was the only admin online where there were 20+ players online, and I handled it well. I do have a fast computer myself and high-speed internet, so I can be on the server frequently, and I don't have many occasions where I lag out. Since I am a supporter of this server and I have donated eight dollars a few months ago, I frequent it very often. Lastly, I can be online on some of the weekdays and many other times where no other admins are online, and I can stay online longer and frequent the server more on weekends. Thank you for reading this application and I am looking forward for this to be reviewed and the possibility to have the ability to help out by administrating this server.
Your Timezone/Region: Eastern Time (GMT - 5:00)

If this is too long, tell me and I will edit it to make it shorter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 10:34:11 AM by Dr_Zegobob »

You forgot to add me in your recommendations Zego.

You forgot to add me in your recommendations Zego.
Oh, thank you. I'm adding you right now.

On the Previous Experience part, you should underline that individual that you are admin at (Ex: TGCBlackcat ). Since it's alot easier to identify who it is.

Removed the eject button for the capture point. In its place, the boss now takes critical hits while capturing. This was done so one fast class pest can't run around forever at the end of the round safe from harm while still being able to prevent the boss from winning by rushing to press a button the boss can't actually defend.

Removed the eject button for the capture point. In its place, the boss now takes critical hits while capturing. This was done so one fast class pest can't run around forever at the end of the round safe from harm while still being able to prevent the boss from winning by rushing to press a button the boss can't actually defend.
What happened to the purchasable 2x Damage for Boss launching?

People who want to spectate can kill themselves, people who are dead can spectate more easily with the flycam than whatever we might install in a lounge, and people who are AFK won't really be able to appreciate it.
Everyone in that lounge is unable to hold up the game, which is why AFK players get forced into it.

With the chat filter and terrible classes, this server is becoming a joke.

With the chat filter and terrible classes, this server is becoming a joke.

the classes are pretty uncreative, they're soo generic