Author Topic: The plan for v20  (Read 46289 times)

Wait, I'm confused, will the blockland files stay there after install, or will they be created on runtime each run? 

They will stay there, each time you load up the launcher, it will check the master server for any updates. If there are any, it will download them. The files stay, they are updated when they need to be. If there is anything missing, it will be re-downloaded when you run the launcher.

Only the files that are updated will be downloaded through the launcher, instead of downloading the whole version like always. Pretty sure this was explained a bit more somewhere in the OP or one of Badspot's reply's.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:42:56 AM by Awdax »

The launcher downloads the game to %userprofile%/My Documents/Blockland/ (windows) or /Users/<username>/Documents/Blockland/ (mac) and runs the game from there.  Everything inside the Blockland folder is the same.  There should be no compatibility problems.
Will users be able to edit the path?

I am still confused. All of the game files are going to be located in My Documents on Windows? I need to play the game through there if I wish to use the auto update feature?

I am still confused. All of the game files are going to be located in My Documents on Windows? I need to play the game through there if I wish to use the auto update feature?
The launcher downloads it there, but I think you can still play as normal.

The launcher downloads it there, but I think you can still play as normal.
Of course you can play it just like before but I have a problem with the files being in My Documents. I like my games on my separate drive.

It's good that this will get rid of all those "v20 topics."

It's good that this will get rid of all those "v20 topics."
Not long until the first "v21 topic"s start popping up...

Not long until the first "v21 topic"s start popping up...

Why not have a sticky topic called Game Development?

Sounds like a good idea.

Of course you can play it just like before but I have a problem with the files being in My Documents. I like my games on my separate drive.
the my documents folder is on the same drive as your program files.
what.

Have you known any v# topic maker to have the ability to read or notice such topics?