Gay marriage: Are you for it?

Yes
102 (69.4%)
No
25 (17%)
Indifferent
20 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Gay rights opinions?  (Read 11307 times)

Marriage is historically a religious institution. While many ancient cultures allowed gay love, not one of them allowed gay marriage.
Irrelevant. I don't give a damn what the Church says about who can get married in it's own congregation. The issue here is federal marriage, which supplies federal benefits that the government has no right to deny to anyone.

Now we have civil unions, which by all account make both partners liable for either's debt and wealth, as does marriage, but the biggest complaint against civil unions is the lack of tax benefits that heteroloveual couples receive.

There's no reason to blaspheme and piss off every major religious group in the world in the name of "equality." You can't just ask the majority population of the world to do away with thousands of years of tradition because you want a religion to recognize the legitimacy of your marriage. Civil unions are fine.
No they aren't. Civil Unions are even more insulting than denying homoloveuals the prospect of marriage entirely, and for you to suggest that we should accept it is laughable. Second-class citizenship. If it was 'fine' they wouldn't have to call it a separate term. That's like going back into the fifties, leaning against the wall by a black-only fountain and then saying 'well at least you /have/ a fountain'. That doesn't really loving matter, because, you know... they had to call it something different, had to separate it from the 'normal' stuff. It's insulting, and no one should accept half of the glass of water.

You don't seem to understand what federal marriage is. It has nothing to do with religion. It's a government institution. Religion has no place and is not in the government. No one's asking any religion to accept anything, and I could give less of a stuff if they do. It's asking the GOVERNMENT to recognize it.

If you're a Christian, then you are against gay marriage.
I'm christian and I believe that people should be able to like whoever the forget they want without persecution and discrimination.
So yeah that logic is flawed

Alright, how does something like this

-Snip_

Not make any man straight? They are social rejects, so they attempt to "change" to gain attention and "fit in"
Ummm ok how about I link you a picture of a nude guy ( If your a boy ) and that will turn you gay. Also, there is scientific evidence, its called hormones. Your not gonna get erect by a guy and im not gonna get erect by a girl. Hormones react differently. Last thing, if your logic was true, why would gay people pretend to be gay?

GAY PEOPLE MUST DAHH CAUSE IM A CHRISTIAN I MUST KILL THEM PRAISE JESUSSSS (the average hypocritical christian)

no but gay people aren't any loving different than us and should be allowed to do the same stuff as us

Ummm ok how about I link you a picture of a nude guy ( If your a boy ) and that will turn you gay. Also, there is scientific evidence, its called hormones. Your not gonna get erect by a guy and im not gonna get erect by a girl. Hormones react differently. Last thing, if your logic was true, why would gay people pretend to be gay?

You're late. So I could hook up with any chick, sit with them, grope them, etc.

Irrelevant. I don't give a damn what the Church says about who can get married in it's own congregation. The issue here is federal marriage, which supplies federal benefits that the government has no right to deny to anyone.
No they aren't. Civil Unions are even more insulting than denying homoloveuals the prospect of marriage entirely, and for you to suggest that we should accept it is laughable. Second-class citizenship. If it was 'fine' they wouldn't have to call it a separate term. That's like going back into the fifties, leaning against the wall by a black-only fountain and then saying 'well at least you /have/ a fountain'. That doesn't really loving matter, because, you know... they had to call it something different, had to separate it from the 'normal' stuff. It's insulting, and no one should accept half of the glass of water.

You don't seem to understand what federal marriage is. It has nothing to do with religion. It's a government institution. Religion has no place and is not in the government. No one's asking any religion to accept anything, and I could give less of a stuff if they do. It's asking the GOVERNMENT to recognize it.

It's not second-class citizenship. It's called something different because calling it marriage is blasphemous and outright offensive to a majority of westerners, as homoloveuality is sacrilegious to the RELIGIOUS institution of marriage. The federal government recognizes the institution because the federal government was founded on christian principles, as was the whole of western civilization.

A civil union is secular, unadulterated by religion and unoffensive to rational religious folk. What exactly is the problem with allowing gay people to spend their lives together without recognition by a world religion?

The benefits are there to encourage population growth and the formation of classical family units. Gay people cannot naturally have children. Gay people who adopt get benefits regardless of whether or not they're married, as do heteroloveuals.

GAY PEOPLE MUST DAHH CAUSE IM A CHRISTIAN I MUST KILL THEM PRAISE JESUSSSS (the average hypocritical christian)

no but gay people aren't any loving different than us and should be allowed to do the same stuff as us
I'm a Christian, I don't have any problems with that.

You're late. So I could hook up with any chick, sit with them, grope them, etc.
Yeah, thats obviously what im doing...

I'm a Christian, I don't have any problems with that.
that's why i said the AVERAGE
obviously if you can be okay with other people's beliefs and not be a forgeter about it, you're not an average christian.

that is not your creed as a christian.
so you are either a fake christian, an uneducated (in christianity) christian, or lieing to save face in front of your family.

chrsitians are supposed to support only straight marriage. there is no other chirstian belief that is acceptable by any chrsitian church.
This logic here is flawed so much.

To be a christian all you have to do is believe in the essence of Jesus or god or some stuff like that. you dont have to be die-hard christian and read the bible and go to church. I'm christian and i know all about it because I've read the bible and i still support gays.

that's why i said the AVERAGE
obviously if you can be okay with other people's beliefs and not be a forgeter about it, you're not an average christian.
And yet it's okay for you to generalize a whole religious group by slapping "average" into the title?

I hope this wasn't your intention to make people look bad.
This logic here is flawed so much.

To be a christian all you have to do is believe in the essence of Jesus or god or some stuff like that. you dont have to be die-hard christian and read the bible and go to church. I'm christian and i know all about it because I've read the bible and i still support gays.
Then you're not doing what you're supposed to do.

But I don't have a problem with that.

have you not seen the ignorance in the anti gay marriage Christians? they want to loving SHOOT the gay people. i meant the average anti gay christian. get off your high horse please.

If a man likes a man that's fair dos, but loving everything has to get in front of it.
I don't know why Christians have the nerve to stick their nose in and say God hates Gays. If you want to follow the bible's traditional ways, then why don't you follow the whole loving thing?

have you not seen the ignorance in the anti gay marriage Christians? they want to loving SHOOT the gay people. i meant the average anti gay christian. get off your high horse please.
You've seen it in the news because it's a news team's job to catch people in the act.
No one wants to see things they see every day, it's obvious.

OH! You meant the average anti-gay Christian, yet you said the average Christian.

Thanks for the clarity, bub.

EDIT: How am I on some sort of high horse because you want to generalize?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:40:35 PM by Aces »

It's not second-class citizenship. It's called something different because calling it marriage is blasphemous and outright offensive to a majority of westerners, as homoloveuality is sacrilegious to the RELIGIOUS institution of marriage. The federal government recognizes the institution because the federal government was founded on christian principles, as was the whole of western civilization.

A civil union is secular, unadulterated by religion and unoffensive to rational religious folk. What exactly is the problem with allowing gay people to spend their lives together without recognition by a world religion?

The benefits are there to encourage population growth and the formation of classical family units. Gay people cannot naturally have children. Gay people who adopt get benefits regardless of whether or not they're married, as do heteroloveuals.
Oh, no, it's second-class citizenship. 'Blasphemy' (as defined as: The act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.) shouldn't even come into the equation because religion has zero place in the American government. There are laws (separation of church and state - for good reason) specifically prohibiting the kind of bullstuff you're blabbering about from being taken into consideration. Also, once again, federal marriage =! religious marriage. If you can't grasp this concept, I'm not even going to bother you.

Here's something for you to think on: Why is it, when two atheists are married, it's referred to as 'marriage'? That's offensive to all the western religious folk! They don't believe in God, how dare they take part in a FEDERAL, GOVERNMENTAL, NON-RELIGIOUS ceremony? Marriage may have been a religious thing in the past but it is no longer.

Welcome to why 'civil unions' are born from nothing but intolerance. Muslims can get married here, and atheists, and all these non-Christians and it's marriage but because gay people want to get married they have to call it something entirely different because gay people aren't 'good enough'. That's the only reason. Refer to the brown townogy regarding white/black fountains and you'll understand just how you're coming off. "Why are you complaining that you get a colored-folk only restroom? It's just the same as the white restroom! Get over it! It's offensive to white people!"

Also, for the last loving time - IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING RECOGNIZED BY A RELIGION. Federal marriages DO NOT have to be recognized by a religion to be legitimate. You with me on this? Federal. Government. Not religious. Religion does not enter the equation because it is NOT A RELIGIOUS CEREMONY BEING PERFORMED. Still with me? Good.