Gay marriage: Are you for it?

Yes
102 (69.4%)
No
25 (17%)
Indifferent
20 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Gay rights opinions?  (Read 11361 times)

There is no legitimate reason, not a single one, to be against it.

Marriage is historically a religious institution. While many ancient cultures allowed gay love, not one of them allowed gay marriage.

Now we have civil unions, which by all account make both partners liable for either's debt and wealth, as does marriage, but the biggest complaint against civil unions is the lack of tax benefits that heteroloveual couples receive.

It's more than a little arrogant for a homoloveual couple to believe that they're entitled to the same financial aid, when that financial aid is put in place to encourage the american family system that sociologists believe produce the most productive children; one working parent, one parent at home raising the children. The benefits also encourage reproduction, which is something that gay couples are biologically incapable of and lesbian couples only through expensive medical procedures/

To reiterate, tax benefits are given to heteroloveual couples to get them to have children, and further tax benefits are given to family units with only one working parent.

The argument has been made that gay couples can still adopt, and therefor are entitled to the same benefits. However, there are separate tax incentives for raising adopted children that homoloveuals are still entitled to.

There's no reason to blaspheme and piss off every major religious group in the world in the name of "equality." You can't just ask the majority population of the world to do away with thousands of years of tradition because you want a religion to recognize the legitimacy of your marriage. Civil unions are fine.

What's the matter guys? Find me some evidence. You all support this issue, and I don't seen any scientific proof.
Well just to be fair you should provide evidence that gay men will always turn straight for hot women.

What's the matter guys? Find me some evidence. You all support this issue, and I don't seen any scientific proof.
Evidence of what?
Marriage is historically a religious institution. While many ancient cultures allowed gay love, not one of them allowed gay marriage.

Now we have civil unions, which by all account make both partners liable for either's debt and wealth, as does marriage, but the biggest complaint against civil unions is the lack of tax benefits that heteroloveual couples receive.

It's more than a little arrogant for a homoloveual couple to believe that they're entitled to the same financial aid, when that financial aid is put in place to encourage the american family system that sociologists believe produce the most productive children; one working parent, one parent at home raising the children. The benefits also encourage reproduction, which is something that gay couples are biologically incapable of and lesbian couples only through expensive medical procedures/

To reiterate, tax benefits are given to heteroloveual couples to get them to have children, and further tax benefits are given to family units with only one working parent.

The argument has been made that gay couples can still adopt, and therefor are entitled to the same benefits. However, there are separate tax incentives for raising adopted children that homoloveuals are still entitled to.

There's no reason to blaspheme and piss off every major religious group in the world in the name of "equality." You can't just ask the majority population of the world to do away with thousands of years of tradition because you want a religion to recognize the legitimacy of your marriage. Civil unions are fine.

All that bullstuff^ It was common in Roman and Greek culture for a Man to marry another Man due to women being looked down upon by male society.

neither do we handicap

Evidence of what?
All that bullstuff^ It was common in Roman and Greek culture for a Man to marry another Man due to women being looked down upon by male society.

well men do everything better. like earn money.

2 men > 1 man and 10 woman lol

Well just to be fair you should provide evidence that gay men will always turn straight for hot women.

Alright, how does something like this

Not make any man straight? They are social rejects, so they attempt to "change" to gain attention and "fit in"

Alright, how does something like this

[img ]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lovey-girls-in-short-shorts-4.jpg[/img]

Not make any man straight? They are social rejects, so they attempt to "change" to gain attention and "fit in"
horse face, fat lips, 0/10 would not forget

brb turning gay.....

Gay marriage was never legal in Greece. Gay marriage was legal in Rome ONLY during the reign of Nero, who also appointed his horse as a senator.

And I like how you just dismiss everything I said based on the very first sentence.

horse face, fat lips, 0/10 would not forget

brb turning gay.....

Whose alt are you anyways?

neither do we handicap

Find evidence that people are born gay.

I'm almost positive this guy is a troll, his argument is such stuff that there is no way hes not just trying to piss people off.

its one of those... got out of bed and didnt touch my hair girls.

you cant pose and pretend to be lovey if you have a rats nest on your head.
lazy bitches

its one of those... got out of bed and didnt touch my hair girls.

you cant pose and pretend to be lovey if you have a rats nest on your head.
lazy bitches

I just went to theChive and found some random chick.

I didn't even say that

Show me evidence that people are born straight.