2 (5.4%)
DEM STU
6 (16.2%)
GOTTA LOVE DEM STU
19 (51.4%)
Mmmm
10 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Threat Enclosure - Within a Quarantine  (Read 47397 times)

Lugnut has kindly given us the old server. We have a functioning server for until it closes. Hopefully we'll be able to continue using the server with our own money.

I know, I'm sorry that I have to co-host it. I wish I didn't have to, but its free and lags less.
So we have eet?

Wut is pass?

So we have eet?

Wut is pass?

no, you don't.
i really don't advise giving hammereditor+pacnet access to any private scripts you might make.

but that's just me.

Note taken.
Lugnut, why won't you join us? :/

Lugnut has kindly given us the old server. We have a functioning server for until it closes. Hopefully we'll be able to continue using the server with our own money.
Okay, looks like I can't host you at least until Lugnut's server expires.
But have any of you viewed my application  on page 13 or 14?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:03:20 PM by hammereditor² »

because i'm loving busy
god damn i thought i said this 3 times already

erghahgjkhajkwaak

ok i can't find the listing of how long the dedicateds have left

ask kalphiter with the support email in his post

the old bluzone had a banlist of about 620 people long

..... and we posted 7170 posts in two months.
seven
loving
thousand
one
hundred
seventy

forget

also all the stuff from the bluzone is still on the server
so theoretically all you have to do is upload a save file to /base/temp/temp.bls or w/e and do /reloadbricks ingame and launch

i've backed everything up that i wanted so feel free to delete anything you don't need.
such as vehicle_skycrane
why the forget is that even there

Right, what program am I supposed to run the remote client on?

Skycrane was added when that Tank drop in Event took place.
EDIT:
Ima go guys, also, feel free to plop the Rum Bar off on the save aswell, i just need to add the RUm in the RUm, bar and it done.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:04:10 PM by Swat 3 »

Right, what program am I supposed to run the remote client on?
it should just run
double click it

Man, I am having a hard time trying to event the back doors of this van. I can't use names, because we're gonna be duplicating the van, so I have to use relays.

I was actually able to event the side doors just fine, it's just the back doors that're pissing me off.

Lemme guess, your another doomsayer saying we are going to fail, right?

Well whether or not, it still had been fun, and will be fun. We are working away, hasn't even been that many days yet, like what two? I mean what can you say that hasn't been said already?
Sure. You could call me a Doomsayer and just reject everything I'm about to say and I totally won't care. But you know me, I'm still going to say it anyways.

So before we delve into anything, I'd like to note that if not all, almost all, of the admins never played the Bluzone previous to the most recent one, or were around for the start of the most recent one. That being said, there is no other way to put this: This is going to turn out to be a horrible role play if it makes it past the design stages.

I say this because most of the Administrators don't actually know how to role play in the way that made Zombies in the Bluzone an amazing experience. All of the newer players who get into this will go by your examples, if any, and you're going off of the last dying breaths of the Bluzone - which were disgusting.

What I mean by they "don't know how to role play" is that, to put it bluntly, they are drama queens. I dislike pointing names but, people like Joffrey, Kqgqn, Snick0rz and perhaps more all seem to enjoy event-based and dramatic role play which is a waste of time and desensitizes your players. Taking a small trip back to when the most recent Bluzone was just starting out, people paid attention to detail and realistic things mattered. If someone pulls a gun and perhaps shoots in the 4A Building everyone flipped stuff and told him or her to put it away, threatening to attempt to stop them if they didn't.

Fights were a big deal and people would talk about them for in-game months. "So and so shot at So and so!" This made the role play feel consistent and interesting.

Things like this slowly degraded into "oh that guy is being ripped apart by a horrible monster. i better shoot at it and just not care." It's stuff like this that the people running Zeds in the DeadZone are going off of, and it's bad role play.

When players aren't being realistic when reacting any sort of dangerous or interesting situation, they're whining about how boring the role play is at the current time. Why is this? Because they're used to Apaches swooping overhead and shooting or Mutalids roaming about and scaring people or whatever the forget.

This isn't an action movie. It's a role play.

I'm not saying I'm going to completely discourage things like Apaches and Mutalids, but they must be employed almost rarely, close to never and in passive and open ended ways for the players to interact with them so they can feel engaged with whatever unique is happening.

If you don't use things like that when adding something temporary and new, then players start whining and craving events.

"This is so boring! Let me be a mutalid!"

or they'll make a new character like,

"This is Bob. He's a half mutalid"

Just to get attention. It's absolutely frustrating and stupid to look at. At this point, I haven't even gotten in to how self destructive you're already being. You're hiring people with some of the most vanilla and nondescript applications being sent in and entrusting them to help you make a high quality role play. At the same time you're ranting about how the Bluzone died out because it lost quality and became too big to handle.

Well what the forget do you think you're doing right now?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:22:51 PM by Kaphonaits² »

Please don't turn this topic into a drama topic.

Is there any building progress on this? If there is, pics please.

Please don't turn this topic into a drama topic.

Don't dismiss his post like that.

You... just explained the exact opposite of what I'm aiming for. No, there will be no apaches flying over shooting mutalids. I've already stated that the military doesn't exist in New York. I've roleplayed many times before and it did not include running and gunning and certainly no attention whoring. Please do not look at me in that way, it hurts me. What you described everything I am aiming away from. If someone was being ripped up by a mutalid my character wouldn't charge into the mess and risk his life. You've honestly gotten wedged into a crack and refuse to come out of it. Don't judge us for what we haven't done yet, please.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:44:26 PM by Kqgqn »