Author Topic: Blockland mod market system?  (Read 13596 times)

I didn't feel like checking the last few pages.

This idea is horrid, absolutely terrifying. I am not going to take out my wallet, which doesn't exist, to go to a server that claims it has a super cool mod, then they trick you into buying the super cool mod that is probably a few lines that deletes your whole Blockland file. This is a prediction, but that will happen. Blockland will always be free to the playerbase, just not to the hosters that pay for the players enjoyment. I am not going to pay for my enjoyment once more.

If this happens I would be the blackmarket distributor, but again, this won't happen.

Scripters who try to sell mods won't get feedback for bugs because no one will buy it, anyways.

This post was written by an experienced software developer and investor. Please take the time to read it.

what post? are you talking about YOUR post? are you trying to say you're an "experienced software developer and investor"?

or did you mean to link to something?

if it's the first one, that's a really funny joke and you should go troll somewhere else. but if it's the latter you might want to correct yourself.

This is a horrible idea. I'm not going to pay my precious money with the stuffty economy right now just to go to a server that says it has a rocket launcher mod.

I hate this idea so loving much.

Code: [Select]
Blockland (Lifetime Membership)
Blockland Is a Lifetime membership NOT a game like roblox were you buy stuff with in game money

I hate this idea so loving much.

Code: [Select]
Blockland (Lifetime Membership)
Blockland Is a Lifetime membership NOT a game like roblox were you buy stuff with in game money

This garbage won't happen, no need to go mad ._.

We already bought Blockland. For $20.

We don't need to spend another $40 just to get a good server going, and another $100 just to play on servers.
It would be nice to get paid for our work and all, but never should it be forced upon people. If anything, I'd just set up a paypal payment for people to tip/donate to me. And no, nothing that would cause a pay2win environment.

This is the loving WORST IDEA EVER.

How do you get feedback on mods you create? YOU GET PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD AND USE IT

If you're starting out as a beginner nobody will want your mods and you will NEVER GET BETTER.

This COMPLETELY defeats the ENTIRE PURPOSE of a community-built game!

^
forget ASS
this IDEA is STUPID

OP is a child that gets too few pocket money and wants to sell his crap-ons so he can buy mickey mouse comics

OP is a child that gets too few pocket money and wants to sell his crap-ons so he can buy mickey mouse comics
mickey mouse comics is a good excuse to sell crap-ons

mickey mouse comics is a good excuse to sell crap-ons
Yes

what post? are you talking about YOUR post? are you trying to say you're an "experienced software developer and investor"?

or did you mean to link to something?

if it's the first one, that's a really funny joke and you should go troll somewhere else. but if it's the latter you might want to correct yourself.

My dad actually got fed up at what was being posted. He mentioned something about democrats and decided to post using my acount.

Look I know there isn't one person here that agrees, but I think a lot of you are missing what I'm talking about - and I have repeated it several times.

All this would do would make it so that there would be some new, high quality mods and the free ones would still be there.

I think the problem with this topic is that the community is mostly a bunch of young people, including my self. It seems you all can't wrap your heads around the idea that
professional developers CAN make better addons, and WILL if there is a great incentive to do so. This is a fact. Please stop trying to deny it.

I also get the feeling that a lot of you are reading the original post, forming a quickly asserted opinion, and then joining in the bandwagon that this is a bad idea.

There are a few people here that I have seen actually give some good arguements on why this would be a bad idea (I have heard people saying that this community is full of kids, it would be better to just donate to developers... etc.)

I'm at the point of giving up on convincing you guys lol, so there you go =] (Becides there is only one person that matters in convincing, obviously Badspot).

My dad actually got fed up at what was being posted. He mentioned something about democrats and decided to post using my acount.
No, don't start talking bullstuff.

This topic, all negative feedback and everything else is your fault.

I'm at the point of giving up on convincing you guys lol, so there you go =] (Becides there is only one person that matters in convincing, obviously Badspot).

Badspot already answered you without posting.

Just donate to the guys you like if you feel this is truly necessary.  Remember:  Most of the people playing this game are 10-15 years of age.  A bunch of children usually aren't able to purchase things over the internet with ease.

This post was written by an experienced software developer and investor. Please take the time to read it.

Remember I was suggesting this under the pretense that there would be a system inplace to stop addons from being distributed freely (Like the Key system for Blockland). The fine details would be worked out by Badspot obviously, but it can be done.

"Remember... I" <-- If your "dad" acts like he was the one talking this whole time, then you referenced that ONE post as being your dad's post... then... you're a liar.  Positively worst argument you've made yet.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:46:30 PM by Jerkface »

not gonna happen
blockland is completely different from other games
and thats what makes it fun

servers will be empty due to pay to play
addons will never be downloaded due to pay to download

blockland is a freaking sandbox game with no story
some people (pecon and other dedicated hosters) pay for our enjoyment (thus ruining the " people get more motivation to host" and that you actually would get less motivation to make addons because no one would buy em

no one would ever know if a server or addon is actually really good

basically this idea is really stupid

now please lock it

sorry for my jerkishness but i really hate this idea