Do you not hate winter bite?

Yes, I do not
41 (46.6%)
No, I do
21 (23.9%)
I ain't not hate winter bite
26 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Winter Bite Ch.2 [Roleplay Server] *No Such Thing As Justice* - Check page 147  (Read 156539 times)

okay this doesn't look too bad, but a couple things you may/may not already know:
-keep the area which stuff is roleplayed in small.
-keep the max players in the server at one time small.
-focus on RP and not on event driven story. notice every detail like you're actually your character.

ok class dismissed.

Hey Kaph! I was beginning to wonder when you might show up, started to miss you =(

My god Swat, you're just trying to be stupid now.

My god Swat, you're just trying to be stupid now.
Who the hell tries to be stupid?

If I seem to be annoying/idiotic, point it out. Everyone is stupid once and a while, Albert Einstein was once very idiotic sometimes. Help me, not point and laugh, "Y u stupid ficx it!"

This is getting frustrating.

As of now, there appear to be two different sides who want two different things from this server. Right now, the side which seems to want major change is the side which want's a complete bluzone copy in terms of game-play and how the role-play is carried out. Bluzone in terms of roleplay was very laid out and "Here's the environment, roleplay what you want within it" style. That's not bad at all, and great fun. Winter Bite, while it is just as possible to do this, has many more events in comparison. People are saying Winter Bite has much un-focused roleplay in comparison. To these people, I would like to ask how.

When I do host I am not constantly play, and some times I take breaks just to moderate and watch. There's the occasional one or two players who are out and about looking for guns, which is fine as far as I am concerned. Most people I see seem to be roleplaying with one another, which is great. I've seen a branch of many different relationships between characters and minor moments. However, according to few the five events in which have been followed by what players have actually done make no roleplay whatsoever. This for one confuses me as the creator of these events as most of them have had no input from my action, maybe not including the opening of the caravan park and the first super soldier event. I don't sit down writing event, and most of them are improvized. There was an entire event which based on just making plans. 

One side has been complaining about the difficulty of zombies. As planned long ago, zombies were aimed to be extremely difficult and to be some what avoided. This is a roleplay server and not a run-out-and-see-how-many-guns-and-points-you-can-get server. I also remember people complaining about bluzone not having difficult enough zombies, and people having the idea of being killed by a zombie being a player kill. While this is not bluzone and this does not speak out for everyone, This is a choice I made and intend to keep.

I remember during the development of this server that I knew people who thought Zombies In The Bluzone was perfect would not like this, so every change has been intended for a reason.

I am all up for criticism, and some I intend to act upon. If you have some valid points which are useful and in my control then I will listen, but if your criticism is complaining about how Winter Bite is not/different Zombies In The Bluzone, then this not not the server intended for you.

EDIT: Not to mention, if you find 100% player made roleplay is more fun than an event in which leads up to a gradual player helicopter assault that you can avoid then I don't know how to please you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:56:57 PM by Theportalmaster »

Exactly. If you are whining about the gameplay of the zombies and the guns, get out. The zombies are mainly their for the reactions of the ingame characters. It's all about the roleplaying and the events guiding it into the direction that Portal layed out. This has an ending, and the events are made to nudge it their.

If you are whining about anything other than the roleplaying, the bugs, or the admins that help, you must be that perfect little person who thinks that we will listen to things we already chose. As again, we are up for suggestions that don't make us a radical Bluzone clone.

100% player made roleplay will end in boringness.
New, out of the box ideas will get shot down by the people deluding themselves that the roleplay is fine. It's what I noticed in the last few sessions before Bluzone's shutdown as well. It went boring because there was nothing going on except player made roleplay with consens on both sides of the screen, even planned out and getting executed just like that. And these that tried to make stories up were branded as "bad roleplayers". While I have to admit to a certain hypocrisy on that point for myself, it really happens to depend on the boundaries of said "new" stories. While, of course, "my parents died after my birth" is a really bad and impossible claim, personal drama like "my mother died last week... I've been de-blahblah" makes it more alive as people start to conversate to them, start to make bonds and so on. However, even the greatest problem will reach a point where there is nothing to talk about.

Events bring in fresh air, something to talk about and ponder, to share ideas and concerns throughout the group and, ultimately, are what is exciting and defining. People die in events and in all honesty, these are damn easy to avoid. And while these deaths, tragic no questions, are simply "just another event" in a player's mind, a character's mind just realizes that it just could have been him (if the roleplaying party is at such a level of immersion of course). Of course it boils down to one's dedication and/or immersion. A particularly "bad" roleplayer will shrug it off, someone maybe shrug it off but play on that and extend it like Administrator did with his character Nathan. While I was not able to observe this situation where we went insane, that is a dedication that can be considered desireable and, ultimately, defines someone as someone who knows how the human mind works.

While I do not have any problems with either open ended or event-based roleplays, because they can both work as evidenced by Bluzone and Winter Bite, I think if a server becomes to one-sided it will begin to stale. Remember the events that took place in Bluzone? They brought fresh wind. Whether you liked it or not.

My point right now is that WinterBite, while certainly alot more event-based, just enriches itself with as much player-made roleplay. After all, more events lead to more topics, to more friendships, to more communication overall, blah blah blah. I could ramble on but it would not benefit my point here. There really is no point in dismissing this great roleplay simply because events are done on a regular basis. Alot of these are in reality really beneficial or at least not harmful in it's ways. We don't get a mutalid/super soldier attack every week that kills off people. Mostly, these event surround the local "psychos" or other groups of bandits in which multiple reactions and ways to solve that problem lead to multiple, although improvised, realistic outcomes. The first attack destroyed the station's radio tower, leaving the station without any long range radio contact. And we could have solved that by just distracting the super soldier from the tower itself.

What else beside the roleplay is merely a concept choice. Something you either need to deal with or leave. That means, either leave critics with foundation and your thoughts or just don't play on the server and pester us here.

Because we certainly have alot of work ahead of ourselves.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 03:20:52 PM by Snick0rz »

Nathan really went insane because of everything going on.

You do not want to see the chat logs I had for Nathan, lol.

Nathan really went insane because of everything going on.

You do not want to see the chat logs I had for Nathan, lol.
Oh dear...

-sillymeme-

I'm English, so my time-zone is GMT. Snick0rz and a few others will be hosting in future, and RTBs new save feature will be extremely useful for that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 04:58:20 PM by Theportalmaster »

Snick0rz and a few others will be hosting in future,

unless I got to study, you know.