Author Topic: Post real life pictures of yourself.  (Read 8754397 times)

Well how I see it is you drink to get drunk, so it doesn't really matter what you drink as long as you get wasted.
Those are my guidelines at least.
Beer is also an acquired taste so don't be knockin on it as a poor person drink unless they're drinking like pabst or keystone or some other stuff.
Drinking to get drunk is a waste of good alcohol unless you drinking some stuffty Mickey's Malt Liquor or something.

no vincent goth just likes to have fun and doesn't care about etiquette or classiness
you're just irritated from that drama topic

Drinking to get drunk is a waste of good alcohol
isn't that the point

no vincent goth just likes to have fun and doesn't care about etiquette or classiness
you're just irritated from that drama topic
No, i just strongly dislike goth. You would know this if you read the topic a year ago or so.

isn't that the point
Sure being buzzed is fun but being flat out forgeted up is no fun for anyone.

Plus different beers have different tastes. For example, I don't like IPA's, but a Hefeweizen or a Lager is great and goes great with some fatty german food like some sauerkraut and some brats.

True, but I said "I am lost at this" meaning : "That makes no loving sense" or something along those lines. Basically is goes against what I have heard as well, and what I have experienced as well, seeing as how I was raised by an alcoholic father. Lets face it, he read the first line of text and instantly decided to post without further understatement of the text

No I read the whole thing and given how immediately after you talk about how alcohol is good I thought you were saying that drinking at a younger age leads to a lower chance of abusing alcohol.

I drink beer because it's good. End of story

you then carried on to say something that would appear to defend his stance, and it's hard to tell sarcasm through text..

and caribou the forget is up with your parents the tradition is on passover not on shabbat lol

No, it's actually done on the Shabbas too. Are you reform I'm guessing? I am. We don't celebrate the Shabbas as much as we used to though. Only my dad is Jewish, so it's harder to keep up with the customs.

really nobody drinks other than "health benefits" and wanting to get drunk? lol my dad just enjoys a beer while watching football. i dont see him trying to get drunk or using it to his benefit. i do remember him saying that he was too skinny and he needed to gain some weight a while ago, however

No, i just strongly dislike goth. You would know this if you read the topic a year ago or so.
I thought we were cooler than that yo D;

I thought you were saying that drinking at a younger age leads to a lower chance of abusing alcohol.
I understand how you got mixed up. It's fine dude, sorry for not typing it more directly. I will try to be more clear in the future.

I drink beer because it's good. End of story
I personally like the taste of most beer, but not the cheap stuff. Especially when you just got done working your ass off, a cold beer really hits the spot.

really nobody drinks other than "health benefits" and wanting to get drunk? lol my dad just enjoys a beer while watching football. i dont see him trying to get drunk or using it to his benefit. i do remember him saying that he was too skinny and he needed to gain some weight a while ago, however
Well of course there's always the soul pleasure of enjoyment. But Stocking said no rational person could like the taste of beer D; I was just trying to be more expansive on the topic ;p

My father drinks. But usually after coming home from a burning building, or saving someone from the river, or even a long day at work after a 12 hour shift.

He doesn't do it to get drunk, he just drinks, he's healthy and he finds it satisfying enough to just enjoy it. Anyone who binge drinks is either a moron or in college.

No, it's actually done on the Shabbas too. Are you reform I'm guessing? I am. We don't celebrate the Shabbas as much as we used to though. Only my dad is Jewish, so it's harder to keep up with the customs.
i'm conservative and i've never heard of kids drinking wine every shabbat but that sounds unhealthy
once a year might be reasonable
once a week maybe not

if you only celebrate every once in awhile then i guess it might make sense but the way you said it seemed to imply that you do it a lot

Red wine has been proven to be beneficial for the heart. One of my dad's friends had a mother who had over 30 operations throughout her life, and every day she lived since the age of 8 she would have a glass of red wine, and you know what? She lived until she was 102.

i'm conservative and i've never heard of kids drinking wine every shabbat but that sounds unhealthy
once a year might be reasonable
once a week maybe not

if you only celebrate every once in awhile then i guess it might make sense but the way you said it seemed to imply that you do it a lot

We only have wine on the Shabbat closest to Passover and Hanukkah. It's with very little to no alcoholic content. It's usually grape juice we have, or concord grape wine. Most families who are conservative who I've known have wine on every Shabbas. However, last year and the year before we've been only doing grape juice on Shabbas since me and my brother don't really like the taste of the wine, it's just ok.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:36:16 PM by Caribou »

My father drinks. But usually after coming home from a burning building, or saving someone from the river, or even a long day at work after a 12 hour shift.
He doesn't do it to get drunk, he just drinks, he's healthy and he finds it satisfying enough to just enjoy it. Anyone who binge drinks is either a moron or in college.
I agree binge drinking is bad. Drinking alcohol all the time will poison your body and possibly kill you. Lol @ the college joke

I agree binge drinking is bad. Drinking alcohol all the time will poison your body and possibly kill you. Lol @ the college joke

You're really bad at this whole sticking to one side of the argument thing.