Poll

What Mental Disabilities do you think/know you have?

ADHD
56 (11.9%)
OCD
49 (10.4%)
ADD
35 (7.4%)
Anxiety
54 (11.5%)
Autism
45 (9.6%)
Aspergers
42 (8.9%)
Depression
42 (8.9%)
Eating Disorder
24 (5.1%)
Bipolar Disorder
29 (6.2%)
All Of The Above
34 (7.2%)
Dyslexia
16 (3.4%)
Disassociative Identity Disorder
13 (2.8%)
PTSD
12 (2.5%)
Acute FFD
13 (2.8%)
Psychosis
7 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Author Topic: Mental Disability Megathread - Blacklist  (Read 26105 times)

so many people self diagnose OCD because they think its cool or something. weirdos i say
yeah i just kinda squint when neurotypical people are like "OMG IM SO OCD" and they're fixing something so simple

yeah i just kinda squint when neurotypical people are like "OMG IM SO OCD" and they're fixing something so simple
"this is a slightly bit to the side and I don't like it. OCD OCD OCD"

So many people run around claiming they're insane without even bothering to look up the definition or study into it.. Its really aggravating.

Is it a surprise that a lot of forumers have ADD or ADHD?

OT: I used to have an anxiety disorder.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:27:19 PM by tnatsissA »

Is it a surprise that a lot of forumers have ADD or ADHD?
Given how common it is its really not a surprise.
If I recall correctly, 1 out of 4 people have a disability. Just some a lot worse.

Given how common it is its really not a surprise.
If I recall correctly, 1 out of 4 people have a disability. Just some a lot worse.
I wonder if the human raceis deteriorating or if its just cos we have the tech to see all these disabilities

I wonder if the human raceis deteriorating or if its just cos we have the tech to see all these disabilities
Well, its not really the human race in general. Just some places cause more stuff to happen which can lead to more problems down the road.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Or incest is rapidly increasing.

we have the tech to see all these disabilities
Not the tech, the fact that people care now.

Not the tech, the fact that people care now.
I don't know about this. People don't seem to care.

Compared to how it used to be, people certainly do. A lot of progress has been made in a pretty short time.

Edit: Will you add "psychotic illness" or schizophrenia or something to the poll? I don't have it, but y'know.

I don't know about this. People don't seem to care.

More people seem to care, but it's still not the majority.

Ah, okay. It'd be nice if there was more awareness and less ignorance about mental disabilities.

People would be able to then get the help they need more often.

Or incest is rapidly increasing.
actually i'm pretty sure incest decreased a lot from what it was back before we had our "modern" social code. it's likely just that we're more aware of the disabilities and have better technology that allows us to determine whether or not someone has a mental disability.

actually i'm pretty sure incest decreased a lot from what it was back before we had our "modern" social code. it's likely just that we're more aware of the disabilities and have better technology that allows us to determine whether or not someone has a mental disability.

I was kidding but yeah you're right.