Author Topic: how did you discover blockland?  (Read 6088 times)

and from the roblox vs blockland fiasco going on back then
this

Back in 2004/2005 (I forget), my brother was looking for free MMOs to play.
Blockland was on some list for whatever reason. He downloaded it, I started playing it, etc.

alright story time
so it comes across when iw as being a 8 year old me loving around on my old windows 7 computer
then im browsin forgetin
vidoes of roblacks and stuff
suddenly
AD OF BLOCKLAND SHOWS UP
ignore
later
SHOWS UP AGAIN
*quickly deletes everything that has to do with roblox*
I MUST NOT IGNORE THIS GREAT OPPURTUNITY!
*runs downstairs asks dad for game and runs upstairs*
begin playing blockland
best
loving game
evr
ily guise, you made my childhood. not in a creepy way

i basically summed up what happened that night
i remember exactly when i bought it aswell.
this game will always be a place in my creativity
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:58:27 PM by Maxxi »

Back in 2009 my brother found it, and we played the demo for around a year.  He bought a key and we shared that for about another year, and I finally bought my own in 2011.

Similar to my back story. From 2008-13, my brother and I shared a key, changing names to show others who was playing. In 2013, I got moderator status at Tezuni's servers. I soon found out my brother was using my moderator status and dealing with people saying that the admins thought it was "fine". Looked fishy to me, so I bought this key and traded the title to this one and had it removed on the old key. If it truly was "fine", he'd get it back no problem. Now I use this key for everything even though he has another account now because he still has access to the first one.

i was looking for a game to replace the gaping hole in my heart that was roblox

and I found it

If it truly was "fine", he'd get it back no problem. Now I use this key for everything even though he has another account now because he still has access to the first one.
I do have it back. I got it on my new account after Paradigm gave mod to me last December

This series and some roblox ads

I remember the bedroom, kitchen, and the SLOPES! I loved using skis on that...
and the 100 brick limit.

In 2008 (I think? Been a long time, not sure) I bumped into a video of blockland, curiosity forming, I looked at the site and at some point I got the demo and played that a ton. I wanted to get it really bad, but I didn't have any money at the time to spend. So I started playing classic blockland, stuff like "The Orange Block" and the old Return to Blockland. Playing those was a blast, I still go back and play them every once in a while. Eventually I got the game, and had a blast.

my mother banned me from roblox when she caught me using the chat feature. it was like a couple days before christmas too because i remember the tree was up, it almost ruined christmas for me, except then i sulked around on dan-ball.jp until one day this ad for blockland shows up

"yo is this some kinda roblox sequel why didn't i hear about this"
go onto the main site, download the demo, immediately was disappointed i couldn't play online
so without even starting my own game and building with demo bricks i pulled 20 bucks out of somewhere and paid my parents to get it because i wanted to use the online feature
spent five days joining random games under the name "FANCYPANTSXD" hitting random people with horse rays which worked on some server but didn't work on others, i didn't understand the concept of minigames
i've never spent a better 20 dollars, ever.

I was watching Roblox videos when I was 10 in 2012, I saw Police Brutality and liked it and bought it.

Was looking for a better online building game other than roblox on YouTube and then I found a video of a BL Deathmatch and found it interesting.

found a Roblox vs Minecraft video, and somebody mentioned Blockland in the comments
I got the demo and shortly after I got the full game
money well spent

The Doors of Perception...
I went through them, I ended up here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNWaaxeeHTc