Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th  (Read 152276 times)

The dock is probably full of manufacturing defects.

Like the PS4 at launch day not playing games?

Like the PS4 at launch day not playing games?
and sounding like a jet

It's almost like every console has a bad launch

The only defect would the material used inside. Everything is working perfectly fine

Could also possibly might be over charging switch devices,

Could also possibly might be over charging switch devices,
sounds more like you have problems with luigi

God dangit it's so hard to get one of these, all the local places are out of stock

It matters for consoles.

Who the forget wants to spend effort downgrading their games to port it to an inferior machine?
Isn't that what happens to every game that gets developed for consoles?
They're developed to be really nice looking, then gotta be toned down for the PS4/Xbone releases. Like No Man's Sky for example.

They're developed to be really nice looking, then gotta be toned down for the PS4/Xbone releases. Like No Man's Sky for example.
No Man's Sky was downgraded? I thought it sucked on every platform

"Developed"

Actually there is no game development behind that crap. Do you know how much money they would waste if they made the game look super ultra HD just to downgrade it?

What they really do is make a "gameplay" trailer with fake set pieces they scripted together with the most detail as possible to give the illusion the game looks really good before people buy it.

It's cheaper to make a super ultra HD trailer than it is to make a super ultra HD game. They don't downgrade the game for console, the game was always downgraded from the start.

So you were talking about before games are released and use fake trailers before the game is out.

I'm talking about after the game is released.

Do you know how much of a pain in the ass it is to develop a game made for PS4 and then having to port it to a graphically inferior machine like the switch?

A lot of videogames on PS4 require over 50GB of memory internally because there isn't anymore room on the blu ray disk. The switch by default has 32gb of memory, so do you know how much loving data they would have to reduce just to fit it on the stupid switch?

Just a reminder that Tony knows as much about game development as I know about Ballet dancing. I've seen it, but I have no loving understanding of the inner-workings and so anything I say to that affect would be total stuff, as Tony has demonstrated.

And where are you assuming I know nothing about game development since you know so much about my personal life?

By the way you don't need to be a chef to know if food tastes like stuff or not.

I don't need to be a triple A videogame programmer to know how badly coded a game is.

I don't need to be a triple A videogame designer to know how flawed the map design is.

I don't need to be a triple A videogame sound engineer to know how stuffty the sounds are.