Author Topic: Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tourney (Nigerian Cunts win!)  (Read 40766 times)

Logo made by Wound

Brought to you and hosted by...

News:
IMPORTANT:
Nigerian Cunts are your September 2013 2v2 Basketball Tournament Champions! Good job to both teams!

Application: (Team applications are no longer being accepted!)
Team Application:
In Game Name:
BLID:
Teammate(s) and their BLIDs: (You are now allowed to have one sub)
Team Name:
Team Color:
Basketball Experience:
Did you read the entire topic thoroughly?:
Do you understand the rules?:
Will you and your teammate(s) be dedicated to the tourney and promise show up to your games?:
NOTE: FAILURE TO SHOW UP TO GAMES WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME WILL GET YOU BLACKLISTED FROM ALL FUTURE TOURNEYS!!!

Teams: (0 slots left)
Robot Records: WALDO BLID 13063 and Kingston BLID 13924
Nerdy Ninjas: nerd of the week BLID 32338, Ninja Kid BLID 28126 and V-Lock BLID 35839)
Korjeex: Nal BLID 39528 and Freek BLID 9682
Rebels: Blake1 BLID 31622 and Radioactive Mace BLID 28093
The Lads: Racerboy BLID 25064, Newcleus BLID 25437 and Unknown Lolzar BLID 35793
Nigerian Cunts: Betelgeuse BLID 12368 and You BLID 29056
Carbellions: Redconer BLID 33688 and Jakob BLID 14941
Block Brothers: BlockoBlocko BLID 34206 and Blocky999 BLID 15932

Schedule:

Bracket:

About:
Ravencroft's 2v2 Basketball Tournament features fast paced and highly competitive basketball games in a high quality basketball arena. This tournament features 8 teams competing in a bracket format. Every team will start by competing against another team in the 1st round of the bracket. They will then move on to the 2nd round if they beat that team, and finally onto the 3rd round finals where they will compete in the championship game. Teams will be competing for the ultimate prize which includes...well...nothing! But surely people will want to form a team and compete at a high level. Teams are able to come up with creative team names as well as a team color of their choice. Players will also be presented with the opportunity to practice with their team in my server, which is open almost all the time. Practice makes perfect! Applications will be available for players when a new tournament begins, so think about who will be on your team and be ready the day applications are released. Signups are first come first serve, so be fast!

Rules:
• Players must have a basic knowledge of the sport and be available at specific times. If you can not make it to your game, let me know ASAP and I will consider changing the game to a new date or time. Failure to show up to your game will get you removed from the tournament, and possibly even blacklisted from future tournaments depending on the situation.
• Each game consists of 4 quarters. Each quarter is 5 minutes in length. There will be a 5 minute intermission after the 2nd quarter, also known as halftime. If the game game is tied at the end of regulation, the teams will enter into a 5 minute overtime period. If they are still tied at the end of that overtime period, they will enter another overtime period and continue on until one team wins. A game will never end in a tie.
• Sometimes teams need a moment to regroup or come up with a new game plan. This is where timeouts come into play. Each team will get 3 timeouts. Each timeout will be exactly 1 minute long, and game play will resume at the end of that timeout. Unlike real life basketball, you can call a timeout at any point in the game rather than only being able to call timeouts when your team is on offense.
• Game scoring will be based off real life basketball scoring. Scoring a basket within the arcing white line counts as a 2-pointer. Scoring a basket outside the arcing white line counts as a 3-pointer. Free throws are 1 point for each made free throw.
• After a someone scores, or the ball goes out of bounds, the team with the ball must pass the ball in to their teammate.
• Fouls/Penalties will play a large part in keeping the games organized. Every foul or penalty committed will result in 2 free throws for the opposing team, usually resulting in an easy 2 points. Sometimes players may commit a technical foul. A technical foul is a serious offence in a game and with it comes consequences.  A technical foul will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws alone. That team also gets the ball after shooting those free throws. If a player commits 2 technical fouls, they will be automatically removed from the game, forcing their teammate to play alone. Read the list of fouls/penalties in the below section.
• Players are allowed to confront an official while the clock is stopped and ask for clarification of a certain call, such as a foul, ruling, or basket. Players are not allowed to argue or complain about a call.

Fouls/Penalties:
Normal Fouls: (Will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws.)
• Stealing the ball before the half court line. This includes passes.
• Shooting the ball before the half court line.
Technical fouls: (Will result in the opposing team shooting 2 free throws and getting the ball back. 2 technical fouls results in an automatic removal from the game.)
• Arguing with the official about a foul, ruling, or basket.
• Talking in all caps because your are angry.
• Raging in the middle of the game.
• Protesting by causing a delay in the game.
• Spiking the ball against the floor making it bounce really high.
• Throwing the ball across the court for no reason whatsoever.

Tips n' Tricks:
• Left Click to shoot the ball
• Right click to pass the ball
• The basketball item is edited so that you cannot make a shot using right click, or the pass command.
• Practice often. The more consistently you practice, the better you will be. It will also help you become more familiar with your teammate.
• Be fast and confuse your opponents. You must be quick to prevent the ball from being stolen from you. Coming up with moves, such as spin moves and shot fakes will help you create separation from the defender and give you a better chance of making a basket.
• Come up with a set of unique plays that will help you and your teammate stay on the same page. Creating and executing plays is often the key to success. Also make sure to practice these plays.
• Come extra early to your games. Showing up early and practicing right before the game will help you prepare for the upcoming game.

Referees:
Ravencroft BLID 10130 - Head referee/Controller
Kickflow BLID 27944 - Referee
Whirlwind BLID 8429 - Backup referee/Backup controller
Jakob BLID 14941 - Backup referee

Past Champions:
• Pablo and Dwyane Wade, March 2013
• WALDO and Kickflow, April 2013
Robot Records: WALDO and Kingston, July 2013

Sponsors:
Hamhost - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=239113.0

SPO - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223812.0

Pablo's LEGO Clan - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=240254.0

Zay's Chiptune Music Clan - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=211963.0

BCE - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=219845.0

Gallery:

Blacklist:
(People on the blacklist are indefinitely banned from future tournaments.)
McLego BLID 25487 - Doesn't take anything seriously and can't comprehend simple rules.
Ethan The Great BLID 12523/44471 - Rage quits and is a sore loser.
Revoltech BLID 39239 - Rage quits, breaks rules for fun and is a sore loser.
nerd of the week BLID 32338 - Didn't show up to his game, and didn't bother to contact me about it.

Credits:
Ravencroft - Building, Eventing
The Brighter Dark - Building, Eventing
Whirlwind - Eventing
WALDO - Basketball item edit, arena sounds and music loops.
Hammereditor - Sponsorship and Hamhost Dedicated Hosting Service
Wound - Topic logo
Jakob - Clan sponsorship
Pass - Clan sponsorship
Pablo - Clan Sponsorship

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:52:16 PM by Raven¢roft »

I am planning on having Game 3 next weekend. What days/times can you guys do?

Why do you need this many topics?

Why do you need this many topics?
New account under my actual name.

New account under my actual name.

...and have the ability to edit the OP when needed again.

I have scheduled game 3 for Friday night at 7PM EST. Can you guys make it?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:59:38 AM by Raven¢roft »

I have scheduled game 3 for Friday night at 7PM EST. Can you guys make it?
I talked to Raven in-game and said I couldn't make it on Friday but actually I can make it on that day, I'm not going to a water park until the next week after that. :D I'll talk to Kingston sometime and ask him if he can make it on that day as well.

Edit: Kingston can make it on Friday night as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:46:30 PM by WALDO »

Seeing people on the blacklist with this
"Ethan The Great BLID 12523/44471 - Rage quits and is a sore loser.
Revoltech BLID 39239 - Rage quits, breaks rules for fun and is a sore loser."

Why isn't Jakob on the list? He rage quits and is a sore loser, he even got tossed out of two tournaments! You can't play favorites like that.

Seeing people on the blacklist with this
"Ethan The Great BLID 12523/44471 - Rage quits and is a sore loser.
Revoltech BLID 39239 - Rage quits, breaks rules for fun and is a sore loser."

Why isn't Jakob on the list? He rage quits and is a sore loser, he even got tossed out of two tournaments! You can't play favorites like that.
Because I started the blacklist this tourney. Consider previous competitors lucky. Not sure why you would think Jakob is a favorite lol.

On the next tournament, I'd like to form a team. Can I post the name here just in advance?

On the next tournament, I'd like to form a team. Can I post the name here just in advance?

No, but PM me saying you want to be in the next tournament and I'll send you a reminder when signups start.

Ravencroft - Building, Eventing
The Brighter Dark - Building, Eventing
Whirlwind - Eventing

When you say it like this, it makes it sound like i did jack stuff.

When you say it like this, it makes it sound like i did jack stuff.
This tourney wouldn't be nearly as successful without you foo.

There's a good chance the game will be tomorrow night. I just need confirmation from Pablo.