Author Topic: Variable/Conditional Events (V.4)  (Read 61743 times)

... :cookieMonster: LOLZ I GOT LIEK, 1st POWST

No. Just, No.
Get off this Forum Topic. Now.

Rape me Santa,Amazing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:16:53 AM by PossesedAngel »

i put
onactivate client addvariable purple flower|1
onactivate disappear 10
onactivate client displayvariable messageboxok purple flower

then later when i loaded the save it said

onactivate client addvariable purple flower|1
onactivate ifplayerdamage
onactivate client displayvariable messageboxok purple flower

What happened?
It might be because of Dedicated Server
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:38:12 PM by joey051996 »

Mind doing this one little thing that will make all our lives easier and bring world peace?

Flip the two words.
addvariable become variableadd
So instead of

addvariable
-stuff LOAD OF RANDOM CRAP-
MultiplyVariable
-stuff LOAD OF RANDOM STUFF-
DivideVariable

we have

variableAdd
variableMultiply
variableDivide

More organized, easier to find, quicker. Just look for variable and find everything variable can do for that box.

In that case, whoever made you was an idiot.
qft lolololol ;D

how do i use if player speed equals stuff? i set on act self fire relay on relay if speed x >=1 spawn projec, but nada happened

how do i use if player speed equals stuff? i set on act self fire relay on relay if speed x >=1 spawn projec, but nada happened

The speed check is a bit glitchy, I'm trying to fix it. Did you put it in variable true?

uh yeah i did on activate self fire relay
on relay self ifplayerspeed x >=1
onvartrue player spawnexplosion <an explosion>
onvartrue self firerelay

nothing happened, i also tried with x y and z speeds, nothing

YAY if ID is out =) now in city rps i can stop using doors which have a long delay on them, now it will be instant! and useful for buttons in freebuilds to stop noobs from spamming stuff

yeah, im still having errors with the speed...

i also have a new problem.

when i use the event ifvartovar and have it check a player var to another one as to increment printcount on print bricks to display the 2nd variable, if i press send, it gets rid of the second variable and when i activate the brick it spams this :
Code: [Select]
ERROR: SimObject::ProcessInputEvent() - bad number of parameters on event 'ifVarToVar' (numParameters)
BackTrace: ->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->armor::onTrigger->Player::ActivateStuff->Player::ActivateStuff->fxDTSBrick::onActivate->fxDTSBrick::ProcessInputEvent->SimObject::ProcessInputEvent

alas i dont think player dmg works either unless you have to check the name first
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:23:52 PM by Healbadbad »

anyone want to tell me if im right or if its going to be fixed?

Mah, its ok. I liked addvariable and displayvariable and addvartovar and stuff like that. It was easier. RANDOM TYPING!!!!

Quote from: Digmaster
-Useful suggestion-
Nice. I also plan more conditions.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:48:52 PM by Chrono »

What exactly does ifplayerenergy look for last time I checked I couldn't find anything in blockland relating to energy levels. Could you please explain to me what exactly this event looks for. Thanks in advance.

What exactly does ifplayerenergy look for last time I checked I couldn't find anything in blockland relating to energy levels. Could you please explain to me what exactly this event looks for. Thanks in advance.
Try out a shielded player, health player, or a player with limited jets. You'll notice that you have a blue bar on your screen. That would be called your energy bar.